Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
At Optimizely, the Frontend Application is the front lines of the user experience of Optimizely's platform & our ambition is to become the most user-friendly optimization platform in the world. This is an exciting opportunity for a frontend engineer to do work spanning all of Optimizely's product lines, including experimentation (web, full stack, mobile, & over-the-top-device), personalization, & recommendations.
Our stack: We build with React & manage state with NuclearJS, our open-source Flux implementation using Immutable.js data structures. We write ES2015 & leverage Webpack & Babel to deliver an application that is written with clean code & is performantly delivered to our users. Our React components & Sass code are reusable & generic, & live standalone in the freely available OUI.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to lead efforts in scaling both our application & our growing frontend team.
Why is this exciting for you?
- You believe that you can magnify the productivity of frontend engineers around you by investing in the proper tools, technologies, & patterns.
- You have a passion for taking ambiguous large scale problems & architecting a solution from the ground up, setting the path for engineers to build on top of the groundwork that you construct.
- You are excited by the idea of rallying engineers around you to solve a deep customer problem, even when no one asked you to.
What you will be doing
- Leading the design & architecture of the frontend application, ensuring that we consistently improve our platform so we can deliver features quickly with high reliability & scalability.
- Leveraging your experience to mentor junior developers on how to think about component design, data modeling, & system architecture to take an ambiguous product request to a concrete, testable solution.
- Monitoring the latest & greatest frontend trends to understand what the team can benefit from.
- Pioneering new frontend initiatives & championing them to the rest of the frontend team.
- Working with product managers & designers to implement novel, easy-to-use solutions to complex technical problems.
- 5+ Years Frontend Engineering Experience
- You have production experience on single-page frontend applications.
- You are excited by making fast user experiences & enjoy tackling ambiguous performance problems.
- You've architected frontends for several engineers with reusability, modularity, performance/scalability, & reliability in mind.
- You've introduced new technologies to an existing codebase in a logical & deliberate manner.
- You've worked with APIs, having to build them from scratch or augment existing ones as needed.
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills & ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, etc. & have strong empathy for your customers.
- Commuter & transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch & dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay & deductible. HMO, PPO, & HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, & vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy & seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.