Its an exciting time to join Conductor as we recently raised $150 million at a $525 million valuation to build out our technology & acquired Content King - the worlds first real-time website auditing & monitoring platform.
Marketers use our software & services to create & optimize valuable content so that it gets found, answers questions, & solves problems for real people. Conductor was named Top in the Forrester Wave for SEO platforms & is rated #1 on TrustRadius & G2Crowd by enterprise marketers. For more information, visit conductor.com.
At Conductor, we're building amazing tech, bringing together the best marketing minds out there. Its our focus on people & our mission that has led to being Crain's "Best Place to Work" 9 years in a row.
As Conductors in-house Marketing Copywriter, youll create & edit compelling copy that drives engagement. Youll focus primarily on short-form copy including emails, social messaging, ads, campaign slogans & comics & at times blog posts, website copy, sales communications, presentations, creative video scripts & much more.
- Develop creative, engaging, & effective marketing copy
- Review copy with a discerning eye, editing or rewriting as needed
- Test, report on, & improve your contents impact
- Keep up with the marketing industry & deeply understand Conductors market position & value
- Coach & help internal teams with writing best practices
- Write & edit copy to be consistent with brand guidelines
- Be flexible were a start up, & we all wear different hats!
- Youre a great writer. You understand that content should be purposeful & succinct, even when dealing with complex subjects. You write clearly & effectively & avoid fluff & jargon.
- Youre creative. You are able to take business concepts & make them clear & compelling. You come up with sharp copy & fun ideas that drive results.
- You spend time wisely. No matter the tasks, you are able to manage your own time & stay organized. We can always count on you to meet pressing deadlines.
- Youre flexible. You can shift your writing voice to resonate with different audiences. Youre not fixed to a particular tone or style.
- Youre data & response driven. You analyze the performance of past copy to improve future copy. You like to run experiments & test new ideas. You dont determine what worked & what didnt by instinct -- you have the metrics to prove it.
- You love to help people. Youre a team player, & youre always thinking about new ways you can support your team & contribute to big-picture goals. Youre a good coach & teacher to those around you.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of copywriting/copy editing experience.
- You are able to work from our midtown Manhattan office.
- You have a 4-year BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- SaaS B2B experience preferred
- An understanding of SEO highly desirable
Please share a sample or portfolio of your work including individual executions, integrated campaigns as well as any case studies/summary results of campaign activities & outcomes. Please provide us with a link & include it in your application.
Please do not, without proper consent, share or disclose to Conductor any confidential or proprietary information that you may have obtained in connection with employment with any other employer, or which may be considered the Work Product of any other individual or entity.
Conductor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bringing in diverse perspectives & challenging our assumptions is the clear key to growth; it drives innovation, creativity, faster problem-solving, & stronger decision making. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, train, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, & business needs.
Conductor does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. In addition, it is the policy of Conductor to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations & ordinances where a particular employee works.