As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experience that power, extend & showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform such as requesting & managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs & visualizations for relationships/utilization & a whole lot more. On this team, you will create efficient & reusable systems with extensive test coverage & modern technologies. You will also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces, services & ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you will have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product & technological decisions.
- Design, develop & maintain scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications
- Be a proactive player & have a passion for delivering zero defect high quality code.
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development & code reviews
- Align with the direction & information provided by the Management to drive deliver robust & usable solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Work with various Technology & Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms.
- Create documentation & procedures for development, deployment & maintenance
- Deliver all assigned responsibilities in a timely manner & with a high level of quality.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3-5 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or
- 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters)
- Experience building REST based web services & web applications using Java & Spring framework
- Build Microservices that connect to MySQL, MongoDB & Kafka
- Good understanding & technical expertise in Microservices, Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) & building automation around their APIs
- Working knowledge of infrastructure, ensuring high-availability, scaling, service discovery, logging, monitoring & alerting.
- Experience & understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, & Orchestration
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Terraform
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure certification preferred
- Experience with monitoring & logging solutions such as Prometheus, Splunk, Cloudwatch, and/or ELK stack
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design & programming concepts
- Experience writing unit & integration test cases
- Experience of building software/frameworks for infrastructure automation & orchestration
- Hands-on experience with Linux & Windows
- Process oriented with strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.