Ripple is growing & we are looking for a team player to help build tools to monitor market activity & liquidity for XRP as we scale our payment products in new markets around the world. Youll partner with our Institutional Markets team to help Ripple understand the dynamics of FX + crypto markets based on data. Ripples vision of an Internet of Value requires efficient global payments settlement, & XRP liquidity is a core component of making that vision a reality.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated technical excellence in designing, building & delivering reliable markets tools & analysis, based on a deep understanding of FX & crypto market infrastructure & dynamics. You are adept at communicating across teams to drive cross-functional alignment & have the ability to think through how markets will adapt to leverage paradigm-shifting technology. You have experience as a quantitative developer or data scientist & a passion for the craft of software engineering. You will be a member of the Data team at Ripple, but will sit & partner closely with the Institutional Markets team.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Build analytical tools & applications to analyze market risk, track liquidity metrics, & monitor market moves in real-time
- Own the platform & vision for supporting both targeted quantitative research & automated reporting
- Explore novel datasets & technologies to support markets research
- Collaborate with data & markets teammates on machine learning approaches for modeling market dynamics
- Collaborate with Ripple engineers & data scientists to build a world-class data platform
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ years experience developing data tools in markets, ideally traditional FX & digital assets
- Experience with Python/R/SQL & cloud data services like GCP, AWS, including batch & streaming data architectures
- Experience building interactive, real time dashboards & alerting systems
- Familiarity with traditional macro / FX market structure & liquidity landscape
- Experience applying statistical & time series methods to real world data; bonus if in a formal analyst or data scientist role
- A collaborative coder, comfortable with Git & code reviews
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail & a commitment to excellence
- Ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact
- Competitive salary & equity
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving donation match
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages & coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights & more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripples growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably & cost-effectively. Banks & payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs & access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.