Bonobos is seeking a Chief Merchant to drive customer & revenue growth through the continued development & merchandising of a compelling & innovative product offering.
Reporting to the CEO, youll be a key member of the Executive team, responsible for evolving the Bonobos brand, & building the business. You will manage a talented team of merchants as well as the Visual Merchandising team responsible for merchandising within all 60+ stores.
What you'll do...
- Continuously evolve the overall merchandising strategy to ensure that we are identifying & buying products that are compelling to the customer, differentiated from the competition, priced appropriately, & that drive revenue growth
- Lead your direct reports & their teams to ensure that our category-level merchandising strategy is clear & executed across all categories
- Lead the Visual Merchandising team to ensure that the store presentation of the product is in line with the brand, merchandising strategy & investment strategy & is also tailored to the individual market trends
- Partner with Design to ensure that we are consistently developing best-in-class product that is a reflection of the brand, & appeals to both existing & target customers, giving them a reason to shop Bonobos over other brands
- Partner with your cross-functional peers in Marketing & Customer Experience to ensure our Product investments are aligned with our Marketing investments, Store investments, & overall go-to-market strategy & plans, therefore ensuring we can deliver against our revenue targets & plans
- Partner with your cross-functional peers in Planning, Sourcing & Production to ensure that we are developing products that deliver strong margins as well as strong top line revenue growth
- Nurture & mentor a talented set of direct reports to maximize their own potential
- Have 15+ years experience of developing & executing against merchandising & product strategies in a direct-to-consumer apparel business, experience with Mens a benefit but not a requirement
- Have a passion for understanding the customer, market & competitive trends as a means of identifying the right product at the right price
- Demonstrate the ability to balance creative & analytical thinking, intuition & data, to build a compelling assortment including exploring new lines of business & partnerships
- Have experience managing a team that includes both merchants & visual merchandisers
- Possess excellent judgment & the ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis & decision-making, while understanding when & how to appropriately escalate issues
- Have strong leadership skills with a proven ability to influence your peers & an organization, as well as to inspire & motivate a team to constantly outdo themselves
- Possess strong communication skills, & are able to prioritize & re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Are an entrepreneurial spirit & are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Value exceptional creativity, initiative & witty banter
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, & the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you