Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The RTR product team is data-driven, experimental, iterative, & customer-obsessed. We're energized by defining new behavior in the rental ecosystem & are constantly looking for new ways to delight our customers. We believe in & embody RTRs core values - including thinking of ourselves as founders, dreaming big, being scrappy but not crappy, fostering debate & honest conversations & bringing our authentic selves to work every day.
About the Role:
As the Director of Product Management, Consumer, you will lead a team of product managers who own our Growth strategy, key consumer technical tools, & our customer-favorite iOS app. You & your team will be responsible for setting & executing on the long-term Growth strategy across our business lines (subscription, one-time rental, resale). Growth of our customer base encompasses two parts: acquiring new customers & providing value to retain our existing customers. You will oversee the continued investment in our technical tools like our CMS, experimentation platform & our iOS app, crafting a long-term vision in partnership with Engineering. Your team is responsible for rebuilding the iOS app - by far the most popular way our subscribers shop - to lay the foundation for the future, while regularly delivering value to the many customers who use it frequently. You will influence across & up, setting the vision for long-term investment in the products your team owns.
You will partner with engineering, product design, data science, analytics & business stakeholders across the organization to develop best-in-class solutions to acquire new customers & drive loyalty across our websites & app. Your work will span far beyond the Consumer product team, partnering with teams including Revenue, Marketing, Creative, & Fashion/Inventory.
What Youll Do:
- Lead & develop a team of product managers setting & delivering on highly visible & company critical goals
- Build cross-functional teams tasked with continuous product discovery & delivery
- Cultivate a deep knowledge of the RTR customer, their pain points, & what makes them love their experience with RTR
- Prioritize rigorously across a number of business & technical investment areas
- Build the systems, tools & processes that will enable your team to succeed in the short- & long-terms
- Define the right success metrics & set clear targets to constantly strive for improvement
- Drive execution & ensure the team delivers the desired business outcomes efficiently
- Build the cross-functional relationships with other orgs within RTR that will ensure your team is building alongside our other subject matter experts
- Communicate plan & progress to key internal partners & executives. Actively listen & respond to feedback
- Maintain a solid pulse on market trends & conduct ongoing evaluations of relevant 3rd party offerings, to ensure our systems & processes are best-in-class.
- Contribute to creating a learning culture & a fun, rewarding workplace where people can realize their full potential
We are looking for a Product leader with experience in platform thinking, creating strong partnerships & who balances pragmatism with forward-thinking leadership. The right candidate will have a strong technical background & good business sense.
- 8+ years of product management experience, including people management
- You are a confident & influential communicator. From engineers to executives, you know how to talk & listen in remote & in-person environments. Youre skilled at bringing stakeholders along in your decision-making process & are adept at telling a story that supports your recommendations & inspires teams.
- Youre a relationship builder who engages well with stakeholders, understands their objectives & constraints & earns their trust.
- You create vision & clarity from complexity & ambiguity. You are comfortable & energized by uncharted problems.
- Youre constantly learning. You run experiments to validate assumptions & mitigate risks. You are flexible & able to change direction as you learn.
- You're a builder. You are excited about creating new products that deliver significant business impact.
- You thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
- Youre both a high level strategic thinker & a roll-up-your-sleeves operator who does what it takes to get things done & deliver results.
- You're analytical. You turn data into actionable insights.
- You enjoy getting technical. Youre comfortable working with engineers day-to-day & able to participate in technical discussions. You have basic knowledge of data structures, experiment design, & using self-service analytics tools (like Google Analytics or Looker) to make decisions
- You have experience working in scrum/agile management methodologies.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 2 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $168,000 - $210,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.