We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
Were looking for a pragmatic, growth & culture-minded leader of leaders with a proven track record of success to lead our SMB segment in the Atlanta office. As a Director of Accounts, you will have ownership for a number of Operations teams & partner closely with a Sales Director to grow the business. You will lead & inspire the teams to meet company objectives for growth, margin, operational excellence, & stakeholder satisfaction as measured by NPS. You will be responsible for developing multiple employees for promotion in this fast-growing company. You will report into our GM of Atlanta & work closely with all global leaders.
What youll do:
- Build & manage account management/operations operations teams;
- Provide leadership & direction to a high-performing team of managers & individual contributors, including hiring, training, & career development;
- Develop specific & targeted goals within each team to expand & accelerate growth & adoption, operational excellence & customer & carrier satisfaction (NPS);
- Drive adoption of the Flexport platform, generate organic growth opportunities & drive network effects of online adoption.
- Create, monitor & manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative & creative ways to improve & increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent & consultative sales & client success processes;
- Adopt & continually refine effective & aligned overall go-to-market strategy;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done.
- Operate with a high level of integrity & compliance to global regulatory requirements.
- Lead & inspire top talent to reinvent & streamline processes, practices & behaviors to drive customer success.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, operational agility & an obsession with service to make Flexport the preferred partner to our local customers (factories, shippers, suppliers) & service providers (carriers & truckers).
- Be local & global, you balance global & local practices to deliver maximum value to our customers, carriers & regulators.
What youll need:
- 8+ years of experience scaling client-facing service & operations teams including leading managers of managers in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven leadership, coaching & management skills,
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, & figure stuff out quickly & effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust & work well with a diverse group inside & outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where youll be asked to take on & run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, & learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated & detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big & small;
- High integrity individual whos enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, & making a huge, positive impact
- Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier institution; MBA preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Read about three big ways were moving forward after our recent$1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fundin February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.