At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace & a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands & retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing & we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be helping design & develop how ShopRunner integrates with our retail partners' websites. You will build highly tuned web components using Vanilla Typescript. We focus hard on software engineering best practices including isolation of concerns, automated testing & continuous deployment. We hold these practices most dear because it is so important that we seamlessly integrate with our partners.
You will be challenged as you isolate & limit complexity. You will be empowered to build the best software by making changes to any parts of the stack, including the back-end.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Building the best user experiences for members on ShopRunner partners sites using TypeScript
- Leading the organization to use modern best practices & technologies
- Working closely with designers, product managers, & other engineers
- Giving back to Chicago tech community through conference attendance, meetup presentations, & mentorship
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years experience writing production code for web applications. We love Polyglots who know several other languages & like the right tool for the job
- Expertise with frontend development best practices including a11y, browser testing & responsive/mobile first development strategies & CSS/SASS/SCSS
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, & extensibility.
- Experience with web servers, REST & content hosting.
- Nice to haves but not needed: Experience working in AWS or other cloud providers, Docker, Java/Kotlin
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are & consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.