Develop state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
If you are a coding fanatic & passionate about building awesome products, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our products & are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured & unstructured data sets & uses scientific methods to extract knowledge & insights. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
The Role You'll Play:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership & passion to form the future. Our team uses state-of-the-art technologies & writes quality code that ships often.
Our full-stack software engineers work across the stack, building beautiful user interfaces, robust services & scalable data processing jobs.
We focus on modularity & reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
About the team:
You will be part of a remote-first team where every team member works remotely from anywhere in the USA. Strong communication skills, adaptability & a collaborative mindset are key attributes we are looking for in all candidates.
We have a collaborative, teach & learn culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out & join CB Insights now!
Your Main Tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently & frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable & tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews & sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges & share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Mentor & guide other software engineers.
What you bring to the table:
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about coding & who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- 5+ years professional experience with backend engineering (ideally Go, Python, and/or Node.js)
- Relational database proficiency, including ER modelling & performance optimization (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Aurora)
- Experience working with React, Angular, Vue, or similar frontend framework
- Experience writing automated tests
- Professional experience building Microservices
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean & Agile values & principles for building software
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as in the local office
Not Needed, But Nice to Have:
- Professional experience building APIs
- Professional experience working remote or telecommuting
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.