The Paid Search Strategist is responsible for managing the creation, execution & optimization of Paid Search accounts, holistically integrating SEO, & acting as the day to day Paid Search contact to all assigned clients. This individual provides expertise in campaign optimization & setup, works with the Search Supervisor to develop strategic guidance, develops search engine relationships & is regarded by the client as an expert in Paid Search operations & is a trusted advisor on SEM. The Paid Search Strategist serves as a member of the core Critical Mass Marketing & Media team, which partners with a client or clients in tandem with the Account Management team. The Paid Search Strategist is responsible for maintaining client satisfaction in regards to Paid Search goals, communication of those goals & education of future priorities & opportunities.
- Adds a Paid Search perspective to the strategic & tactical direction for assigned clients.
- Develops & delivers organic growth within accounts.
- Delivers reporting & analysis for assigned clients & campaigns.
- Creates bid strategy & budgeting rules of engagement for Paid Search.
- Implements optimizations to make sure client goals are met.
- Creates new campaigns, ad groups, ads to help improve Paid Search performance.
- Fosters relationships with the Search & Media experts across the company.
- Primary contact for Paid Search technology questions & metrics for assigned clients.
- Defines & implements best practices for Paid Search.
- Works with SEO Managers & Search Directors to holistically plan SEM daily, monthly, quarterly & yearly.
- Financial management of search engine relationships.
- Must have 5+ years in the Search Marketing space.
- Possess the ability to react quickly, assess, & implement solutions.
- Demonstrate a sound understating of Paid Search.
- Knowledge of syndicated research tools such as Hitwise, Adgooroo, ComScore & WordTracker a plus.
- Familiarity with third party Search technology Kenshoo, Marin, Omniture Search Center & Site Catalyst, etc - is a plus.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving industry.
- Capability to recommend new strategies, tactics, & track trends in Search & apply them to assigned clients or vertical.
- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Strong presentation development & delivery skills are a plus.