The Instructional Designer will develop & deliver onsite & remote training for internal staff & end users. The Instructional Designer will also be responsible for building & maintaining course curricula in multiple formats, gathering metrics regarding learning initiatives, & assessing the effectiveness of training.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the following:
- Create engaging course content that directs users to targeted learning objectives through the levels of learning.
- Collaborate with product & subject matter experts to develop training curriculum for internal & external user training materials.
- Conduct training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to company products, workflow, & reports; understanding user specific functions & tasks.
- Conduct customer & employee training using a variety of delivery methods including, but not limited to training videos, eLearning courses, written content, classroom, & teleconference sessions.
- Articulate technical concepts, how they map to product features, & how the feature can solve customer business problems to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Make updates to training courses based on feedback & observations.
- Design & administer assessments to certify understanding of course material.
- Set training schedule & coordinate logistics.
- Track, prepare, & distribute training assessments & outcomes.
- BA/BS degree in related field required. Masters in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of adult training or teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing training videos using video editing software. Experience using Camtasia, & Adobe Creative Cloud suite, or similar products strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build curricula & respond to evolving product requirements & end user needs, including foreign language & internationalization requirements.
- Demonstrated experience designing e-Learning courses & assessments.
- Demonstrate outstanding technical writing & verbal communication skills.
- Be an engaging, confident public speaker, particularly in an instructional setting.
- Excellent decision making, analytical & problem solving skills.
- Be able to work efficiently in a time-sensitive environment, both as part of a team & independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning methodologies & how to apply those in growing & fast-paced environments.
- Strong knowledge & experience establishing metrics & reporting to assess & track results.
- Demonstrated attention to detail & commitment to high quality work, with a strong focus on internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Ability to demonstrate & articulate creative thinking & a willingness to implement new approaches.
- Maintain composure in critical situations & communicates well with both internal & external clients.
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, & content specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.) preferred.
- Lean, six sigma, or other process improvement methodology experience. Certification is preferred.
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- Commerce, Retail industry and/or supply chain experience is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Scrum Agile methodology & SDLC processes is a strong plus.