The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The Visual Director will be a vital part of the success of The RealReals brick & mortar strategy. Were looking for a passionate storyteller with a strong editorial eye, someone who understands that a space shouldnt be just about great product or great expertise, but creating an experience for the customer that stays with them long after they leave.
The successful candidate will be an organized, motivated self-starter who thinks holistically about the Omni-Channel experience & brainstorms outside the box, both creatively & around problem-solving. Theyre a highly collaborative team player, open to new & exciting challenges, & driving the entire Omni-Channel team toward success.
This position is based in our SoHo Store in New York, NY & will report tothe Senior Creative Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, lead & execute visual merchandising standards for all current & planned physical locations, including Soho Flagship, Pop-ups & Luxury Consignment offices
- Charged with building a strong & consistent connection between online & in-person branding across all channels, including stores, consignment offices, & pop up locations
- Concept & execute in-context storytelling elements, from videos highlighting in-house expertise around authentication & consignment, to trend displays spotlighting the latest news from the runways, to holiday window displays
- Accountable for developing new & innovative ways that showcase The RealReal brand in real life by staying current on trends in editorial, stylistic & display standards across the industry.
- Accountable for maintaining & refreshing visual merchandising in all brick & mortar locations, including product displays, design elements as well as furniture & decor
- Manage visual merchandising calendar for retail with rotating schedule of new window displays, in-store pop-up shops, & expert workshop support
- Develop, coordinate & lead a team of internal & external retail merchandising support personnel, including management of TRR interior design team, visual display subcontractors & eventually a full in-house visual merchandising organization to support 10+ brick & mortar locations by 2018
- 7-10 years experience in visual merchandising. Luxury experience & management experience preferred
- Confident with both high-level conception & day-to-day visual execution
- Willingness to travel 25-40% of the year
- Interest in working in a pre-IPO, fast-paced, cross functional team environment setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities in a matrix organization.
- Strong oral & written communication skills, including the ability to convey technical financial information to non-financial professionals.
- Roll up the sleeves, action oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing & explosive growth environment.
- Exceptional organizational dexterity ability to interact nimbly across all levels within the organization.
- Willingness to continuously develop, understand industry best practices & desire to stay ahead of the curve.
- Sense of humor, personal integrity, & appreciation for the power of teamwork.
- Strong leadership abilities in managing & developing a high performing team.
- Strong competitive drive & the ability to motivate the organization.