The Strategy & Business Development Manager- Fashion, at Walmart eCommerce is responsible for identifying, exploring & shaping strategic opportunities to expand our fashion business, foster internal & external collaboration, & partner with leadership to drive key initiatives. Ultimately, your goal is to help transform the face of the Fashion Group at Walmart eCommerce.
What youll be working on
- Enable our customers to shop when, where, & how they want to
- Drive Fashion acquisition & strategic partnerships in a truly entrepreneurial way while helping to champion the vision of one of the largest & fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world
- Partner with senior leaders to set & achieve ambitious goals
- Constantly analyze the competitive landscape to understand & influence trends that are shaping the industry & identify opportunities for growth & differentiation
The Manager, Strategy & Business Development, Fashion will be a part of the Fashion Group & will play an integral role in identifying, prioritizing, crafting, negotiating & building strategic partnership opportunities within the fashion categories at Walmart eCommerce. This position reports to the VP, Fashion Strategic Partnerships & will work closely with leaders in Fashion eCommerce Management, Operations, Business Development, & Walmart Home Office corporate teams.
- Assist the Vice President on a broad range of strategic partnership projects that help shape the future of the Fashion category
- Identify, prioritize, structure & negotiate partnership & acquisition opportunities with strategic Fashion brands & retailers to support the Walmart eCommerce Fashion Group goals
- Model the financial impact of various strategic opportunities & make recommendations for structuring the deal
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop new business models, opportunities, & strategic partnerships to support the Fashion Group
- Research & mine data, perform complex analysis, & apply strategic thinking to support decisions, to clearly articulate issues that have the largest impact on the business
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in metrics & data analytic programs & apply this to the development, execution, & improvement of action plans
- Have great attention to detail & exceptional follow through
- Be customer-centric & focused on delivering seamless experiences
- Focus on continuous improvement
Youre a risk takera dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas & can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know whats happening in the fashion world. You have a passion for innovation at the intersection of Fashion & eCommerce.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Functional Competencies:
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
- Analytical & deductive reasoning skills
- Stickler for process & organized project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Power Point
- Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas & the power of creative thinking to get to yes
- Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
- Deep passion for Fashion & eCommerce
- Great team player & collaborator
- Interpersonal Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively build & manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral & written communication skills, including the ability to develop & deliver presentations to senior management & large groups in a professional, concise & direct manner
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources & deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- Fundamentally kind to others
- Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to model Wal-Mart's three core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state the vision & then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- eCommerce, Fashion & technology experience preferred
- Interest in digital Fashion strongly encouraged
- Preferred Work Experience: Consultant / Associate at a top tier management consulting firm or investment bank (experience in Fashion, eCommerce or retail strategy preferred)
- Total experience: 10+ years
- You can name 3 fashion designers whose names start with G
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing & building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving consumers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm & youre capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, youll be able to access the resources & scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology & nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What were saying is, this isnt your average day job. If youre hungry to catapult ideas into action & own your career, lets chat.