Away is seeking a seasoned Paid Social & Programmatic performance / acquisition marketer to lead our paid social program & define our programmatic strategy for the United States & Canada.
In this role, you will lead strategic planning for paid Facebook / Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Snapchat, & more, oversee execution across our paid social channel portfolio against our performance goals, define our experimentation & capabilities roadmap, & direct the teams time & resources against evolving priorities. This role will also establish & scale a cutting-edge programmatic program, in partnership with other senior leaders on the Marketing, Data, Creative, & Finance teams.
The ideal candidate will have significant track record of success across both paid social & self-service programmatic, & have a strong working knowledge of paid social ad platforms, DSP / DMPs, CDPs, ad exchanges, & the ad tech ecosystem.
This role reports to our Head of Acquisition Marketing & is based out of our SoHo headquarters in New York City. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
Some of what you'll do:
- Strategize & execute paid social & programmatic campaigns that drive revenue & brand awareness while maintaining efficiency goals.
- Explore & determine viability of paid social channels with emerging performance capabilities in order to meaningfully diversify our paid social portfolio. These include, but arent limited to platforms such as: Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter, & Quora.
- Build a programmatic stack & program roadmap after careful evaluation of our holistic strategy, current & anticipated capabilities, & diligence of potential partners across the ad tech ecosystem, in partnership with the broader Acquisition & Data teams.
- Develop rigorous tests & reporting to understand impact drivers, generate broader learnings that inform channel strategy & creative development, & ultimately increase revenue & efficiency.
- Work with senior leadership on the marketing team to evolve an internal point of view on major programmatic & digital trends (e.g. viewability, verification, fraud, DCO, CRM, first & third party data, cookie tracking) that will heavily inform our media planning & capabilities roadmaps.
- Partner with our Brand Marketing & Creative teams on development of strategic campaign direction & creative assets to achieve our goals & drive ROI.
- Uncover new opportunities to acquire customers efficiently & at scale through well-developed relationships with vendor or platform partners & your existing network of contacts.
This role may be a fit for you if:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in performance paid social & programmatic buying, preferably at a high-growth consumer brand managing multi-million dollar budgets, or at an agency where you actively managed performance campaigns at scale within your book of clients.
- You have experience managing a team, & are a true servant leader who believes developing skills in team members you lead is of the utmost importance.
- You are very familiar with managing campaigns through Facebook Ads Manager / API platforms, & have direct experience with backends on other paid social platforms. You may have experience with FMPs, such as Smartly, Nanigans, or Kenshoo.
- You have hands-on knowledge of ad serving solutions, tag management, & ad ops. You are very familiar with DSPs or DSP alternatives, especially Google Ads/DV360, The Trade Desk, Amazon, & Beeswax, & can speak authoritatively to the relative strengths & weaknesses of each platform.
- You have extensive knowledge on viewability measurement & ad verification (IAS, Moat, DoubleVerify), incrementality measurement, & audience measurement (Nielsen DAR).
- You are an expert at data-driven analysis in Excel / Google Sheets, & may have exposure to data visualization through tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You add to our company culture & embody our core values of being thoughtful, iterative, empowered, customer-obsessed, in it together, & accessible.
- Youre passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M intotal equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!