Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Recognising Irelands significant technology talent, RTR established our European Technology Hub in Galway in April 2019. Based in the historic Claddagh area of the city, our growing team is tackling core technology challenges & influencing the next generation of services critical to RTRs success & continued growth.
Our first international office outside the US enables our company to significantly expand its Software Engineering, Product Development, Machine Learning Engineering & Data Science footprint, & RTRs Galway-based employees have the opportunity to grow their careers across several roles in Technology.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, & entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, & work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
Our SRE Team focuses on ensuring our infrastructure in the cloud supports the best customer experience & responsible for ensuring design & architecture of the entire platform is shifting us towards continuous delivery through thoughtful PRS, robust deployment pipelines & maximizing reliability of tools for engineers to deliver the best developer experience.
We are always interested in speaking with developing & experienced DevOps engineers interested in joining our team. If thats you, read on for a snapshot of the type of work our DevOps engineers do across our various teams, share your details & a member of our Talent team will be in touch!
About the Job:
We are looking for a thoughtful & passionate leader to help us build a cloud native transformation from our on prem to architecting cloud native way. As a DevOps Engineer you will be building the next gen build process that significantly improves the developer experience by focusing on eliminating pipeline failures, deployment bottlenecks to improve velocity that impact the entire platform.
What Youll Do:
- Build Solid CI process with your understanding of Git
- Build faster releases with Hand on experience with modern CI/CD pipelines such as Github, Jenkins
- Help define Reliability in all forms of maintaining uptime
- Design Container Workflow to be supporting hybrid infrastructure
- Produce stellar technical specs & documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, & will identify opportunities for reducing toil & avoiding technical debt to reduce support & operations load on the team.
- Improve overall cognitive load for engineers
- You are passionate about building reliable & high performance infrastructure
- You advocate for best practices & quality & endorse cutting edge technologies
- You can understand how containers work & can explain without too much jargon
- You are avid learner
- You understand the whys of Site reliability & understand the framework
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, & have some fun.
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension - taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care & dependents care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, & membership of the Traveller community.