Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As Planning & Materials Manager, you will lead HelloFreshs planning & material management capabilities for our distribution center. You will control & streamline the flow of raw ingredients into production of finished goods, including but not limited to inventory control, production sequencing, demand planning, & forecasting capacity needs/shifts. You will also be responsible for continuous improvement initiatives in their functional areas of inventory & non-inventory management, planning processes, label/media printing, & problem solving/removing barriers for nonexempt & exempt direct reports Planning team, Materials/Cycle Counting, Automation & Labeling. The Planning & Materials Manager is therefore expected to demonstrate mastery of the distribution center Inventory Management & Planning best practices.
You will ...
- Act as the primary point of contact between procurement, customer care, & responsible for all escalation issues related to inventory, materials management, & planning.
- Create daily production plan.
- Drive strategic planning & forecasting for production.
- Define operational goals for the distribution center on a daily & weekly basis.
- Verify real-time accuracy of plan & data on production dashboards.
- Perform reconciliation & adjustment to work-in-process inventory.
- Manage change initiatives related to planning, materials management, & inventory practices.
- Maintain constant communication within the distribution center among other departments on inventory & planning matters.
- Maintain an accurate inventory position & execution of inventory practices.
- Perform data analysis to analyze performance & drive process improvement.
- Allocate labor hours & manage labor plan for the department, including scheduling for all employees of the department, such as inventory counters & label printers.
- Provide support & guidance to Associate Managers to eliminate barriers & encourage success.
- Provide coverage during off days for the Associate Managers of Materials/Planning
- Manage on-time delivery of inventory based on production schedules, current inventory, customer orders, & forecasts.
- Act as a liaison between the distribution center & procurement to ensure the accurate & timely delivery of material for production.
- Ensure accurate & current inventory records.
- Conduct daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems.
- Develop & implements inventory control procedures.
- Coordinate & manages daily physical cycle counts amongst inventory associates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively both written & verbal.
- Capable of writing reports & standard operating procedures.
- Technical - effectively present information to all levels of management & respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, & vendors.
- Willing to solve practical problems & deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to demonstrate ability to lead & develop a team.
- A leader: Provide guidance & direction to cross-functional teams
- Able to manage employee experience throughout the employee life cycle (hiring, training, developing, promoting, etc.)
- Timely - Able to tracking/monitoring supply planning, inventory, etc in a timely fashion
- Respectful- to provide feedback to support team members in a respectful way
- Results Driven
- Self-Motivated: take initiative to make improvements
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business or other applicable field of study or at least 8+ years experience in materials & planning management for production and/or manufacturing environments required. Advanced degree preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be proficient with computer hardware & software. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint required. Experience with Google Sheets & Suite preferred. Some scripting experience strongly desired, but not required.
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.