Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate to join our Clinical Operations & Strategy team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Design & manage our medical & pharmacy policies, utilization management quality audits & inter-rater reliability testing, & the prior authorization list. Develop & manage playbooks & processes to support strategic partnerships & initiatives.
You will report into the Senior Manager.
- Develop & manage strategic playbooks & standard operating procedures to support external partnerships & pre- & post- launch expansion activities
- Customize playbooks & support program design & implementation (e.g., prior authorization list) in partnership with external counterparts
- Manage implementations to ensure milestones are delivered on time & risks are escalated to appropriate parties
- Provide document management & distribution support of clinical policies & the prior authorization list
- Query data related to clinical policy & prior authorization billing codes
- Leverage data to make recommendations & streamline processes
- Ensure our programs comply to regulatory & quality requirements; provide support on filings & audits
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study (e.g., Business Administration, Economics, Logistics or Operations Management) or commensurate experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a consulting firm, utilization management, and/or operations
- Experience in designing, implementing & continuously improving programs & processes
- Experience performing analyses & presenting findings to internal & external stakeholders
- Proven track record of coordinating with & leveraging multiple cross-functional relationships to drive successful projects
- Strong Excel skills
- Project management certification
- Able to independently write SQL queries
- Consulting experienceTrying
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.