About the Role
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is a very hands-on role. You will be writing code, & building tools & dashboards, & reporting/monitoring metrics. As the team grows the role will focus on developing tooling, process & methodology to empower the entire engineering org to move faster & safer. Furthermore, you will be a key evangelist for maintaining high degrees of reliability within the platform.
Here is a list of responsibility for the role:
- Manage production development & improve deployment stability, global availability.
- Design & implement observability infrastructure for production system.
- Implement & monitor production metrics & dashboards.
- Advise & implement production network & securities rules & best practices.
- Deliver purpose-built solutions to meet clear milestones.
- Drive excellence for reliability through building tooling to solve reliability challenges, designing efficient & standardized process, relentless automation, engineering reliability back into applications & maximizing performance.
- Participate in on-call rotations & provide inputs to your team & partners to sustain SLAs.
- Architect, review, develop & deliver applications to improve availability, scalability, performance & efficiency of our services.
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Containers & orchestration knowledge
- Extensive experience in Dev Ops, SRE, or Other Production operations roles
- Strong cloud, network & systems Architecture Design Skills.
- Expertise with database server design
- Practical experience with incident management & response
- Advanced expertise with at least programming language (preference python, go, or Java would be great) Polyglot preferred.
Nice To Haves
- building microservices.
- Kubernetes (Istio, ambassador, GKE)
- with large MySQL clusters (Galera, Percona, MariaDB)
- metrics, monitoring, alerting & dashboard tools (FluentD, telegraf, InfluxDB, ELK, Grafana, DataDog, StackDriver, PagerDuty etc)
- with IaC & SCM tools (teraform, ansible, packer)
- with CICD, pipelines & tools (Jenkins)
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product that our customers love.
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business.
- Healthcare coverage & a generous vacation policy.
- You will get a daily credit in-app credit towards lunches & coffees.
- Your choice of the development environment to make you most productive.
- A pantry full of snacks.
- Fun company-sponsored events & off sites