At Poppin, we believe that everyone, everywhere deserves to work happy.
We provide companies the foundation for creating inspirational workspaces through a unique offering of furniture, office supplies, & branded merchandise. Weve put a modern spin on a 100 year-old industry thats been slow to adapt to todays modern consumer. By simplifying the process, providing transparent pricing & discounts, & making our products available on demand, Poppin is able to offer a service unlike any other in the marketplace.
In this newly created position of Senior Manager, Wholesale Sales Enablement you will direct the cross-functional activities that drive revenue & profitability for the Poppin reseller business across our retail & dropship sales channels. You will ensure day-to-day operational excellence in the growth & execution of our wholesale business. This position will partner with our National Sales Managers, interface with our retail & e-commerce partners, & lead internal partnerships with Poppins operations, technology, inventory planning & finance teams. This position is critical to keep the trains running, ensure we are turning our bookings into shipped orders & doing so profitably. You will be the leader who ensures finely-tuned collaboration with our internal stakeholders to effectively prioritize the teams needs.
- Own the execution of the Poppin Wholesale business & represent Wholesale with key cross-functional team
- Manage wholesale order management & execution with at least one direct report
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure that inventory is properly forecasted, ordered, shipped & received in our 3PL, exercising creative problem solving & prioritization when we face supply chain issues
- Participate in regular partner meetings to develop deep understanding of key account initiatives, dynamics & commercial drivers
- Ensure that Wholesale partner POs are properly placed, tracked, fulfilled & received on time by retail accounts & drop ship customers
- Develop expertise on our order management software, process & account requirements to ensure string execution, minimize issues & create process improvements.
- Oversee & manage Wholesale partners internal cost to serve, monitoring freight cost, & partner specific routing guide requirements.
- Oversee pre & post sales orders Compliance adherence for both domestic & import orders. Ensuring proper order management & conformance with partner specific requirements proactively averting chargebacks.
- Assist National Sales Managers & our other account coordinators on account operations, including the execution of account onboarding & compliance, SKU set-up & systemic management, on-time order fulfillment, approval of POs in coordination with the planning team & general sales reporting
- Work closely with internal teams (Ops, Tech, Sales) & our external vendors (including our third-party fulfillment provider & any EDI vendors) to ensure effective customer service & smooth execution on all orders.
- Support the team on general wholesale operations & reporting, including revenue projections, margin analysis & sales analytics
- A minimum of 5 years of sales operations experience in a physical inventory-based business
- 3+ years of wholesale experience preferred
- A minimum of a BA/BS Degree
- Project management skills & experience & comfort influencing in a matrix management environment
- Ability to evaluate financial performance & create/communicate KPI & performance dashboard
- Resourceful & creative problem solver that enjoys & excels at overcoming obstacles
- Experience with order management software systems (NetSuite a plus), retail partner portals & EDI
- Excellent spoken & written communication
- Strong Excel skills
- Superior customer service & relationship building skills
- Outstanding attention to detail & time management skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, high energy & fluid environment
- Comfort & ability managing complex workflows
- Ability to reduce information to concise, effective presentations
- Embody the Poppin brand & core values with customers & coworkers
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
Successful Poppin team members step up to the plate & work to get smarter every single day. Our startup ethos requires an all-hands-on-deck attitude (or, as we call it, work scrappy), taking on any & all changes with excitement & a great attitude.
We believe that working happy starts with embracing differences & that self-expression shouldnt end at the office. To that end, every Poppin employee is encouraged to be themselves & create fun every day. While we align our company goals on the changing needs of our employees, business, & larger communities, we remain consistently committed to creating an environment rooted in diversity, equity, & inclusion for all Poppin employees, partners, & customers.
Poppin believes in building an organization whose staff reflects the true diversity of our community. We are committed to hiring, promoting, & rewarding our employees on the basis of professional performance & results. Poppin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, partnership status, ancestry, disability, or veteran status