Flywheel was founded in 2010 by a team passionate about fitness & dedicated to building the next generation of indoorcycling a unique blend of community, progressive results, technology, & fun. Flywheel is led by a New York City-based management team with extensive experience in branded sports & fitness ventures. Every Flywheel class delivers a challenging, motivating cardio workout to help you set goals & be your best. For those who thrive on competition to push even harder, Flywheels TorqBoard an in-studio display offers riders the option to compare their performance in real time. With stadium-style seating, classes for every level & preference, & personalized metrics tracking, Flywheel has reinvented the indoor ride. Many studios also offer FlyFIT & FlyBarre to sculpt, strengthen, & boost ride performance; in 2017, Flywheel introduced the Fly On Demand Bike, which delivers our legendary in-studio experience to the comfort & convenience of home.
Flywheel Sports is seeking a NYC-based Technical Director / Associate Producer (swing role) to work in our state-of-the-art live production studio. This person will report directly to the Executive Director of Production and, together with the Control Room team, will TD & Produce live streaming & on-demand fitness content (streamed live & on demand to users across the US).
The ideal candidate will have a background in live / streaming production that includes multicam filming & editing, as well as a general aptitude for broadcast technology. This candidate should also have an intermediate to advanced understanding of digital camera operation (proper lighting, framing, & camera settings), editing, data management, audio mixing, wireless mic systems, as well as the ability to quickly learn Flywheels proprietary software applications.
The candidate should not only be able to think critically & problem solve - but is also comfortable working creatively with on-camera talent & a growing technical team at the forefront of fitness technology.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Opening & prepping the studio for live broadcast & / or
- Closing the studio & logging daily production activities
- Editing live shows using the Ross OverDrive system & various in-house software applications
- Running back row show audio & video Quality Assurances
- Preparing classes for live broadcast - media management
- Perform studio / tech Quality Assurances throughout the day to ensure content goes live without error
- Communicate with talent & provide feedback from Executive Director & Master Instructors
- Perform content re-encoding when necessary
- Liaise with tech teams to ensure production systems are operating at 100%
- Perform regular data management duties (NAS / local servers)
- Perform regular content reporting & audits to ensure accurate production reports
- Background in video production.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Baseline knowledge & experience with studio production, video servers, broadcast automation systems, & master control operations; specifically, Ross OverDrive, Telemetrics, & ETC Element (Elemental, NAS, & CDN experience a plus).
- Proficient in Windows & MAC software applications & local disk storage systems.
- Possess an academic degree (or equivalent experience) in production-related field(s).