WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 & the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Magazines Best Places to Work (2019 & 2020), & Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 & 2020).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us grow & improve automation, infrastructure reliability, & enable our engineering team to use new technologies in a scalable, reliable, & highly available way. Braze operates at a massive scale, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month & sending hundreds of millions of messages to end-users daily. We use a diverse technology stack rooted in Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Kubernetes, & more. We have infrastructure in a half dozen different data centers all managed by Chef, Terraform, & a lot of caffeine. As a DevOps Engineer at Braze, you will collaborate with our Senior & Staff Engineers to continuously improve the infrastructure & tooling around a collection of these technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
All DevOps Engineers will be working to ensure that Braze meets strict enterprise-grade SLAs with our customers. Youll become an expert in how our product works from a technical standpoint to ensure that our message sending, big data pipeline, & ingestion platforms can run & scale effortlessly. At Braze, our DevOps team is split into the following four groups, each with their own focus area:
- Data Operations: As a member of the Data Operations team, you will be directly responsible for our large scale ElasticSearch deployment (hundreds of nodes), Kafka, & the databases that support all of our services. We are seeking a strong operations owner who understands that minor tweaks at this scale have a massive impact on the reliability & performance services as well as automating deployments & maintenance is a key ingredient of running data platforms at scale.
- Automation & Tooling: As a member of the Automation & Tooling team, you will be responsible for implementing or building tooling & services that will enable us to continue to scale our operations. You will play a key part in taking the pain out of running operations & will help to improve the day to day workflow of Brazes engineering teams.
- Cloud Operations: As a member of the Cloud Operations team, you will be managing & governing bleeding-edge cloud infrastructure that supports high volume & high scale applications.
- Cloud Services: As a member of the Cloud Services team, you will be working cross-functionally with engineering, growth, & a variety of other departments within the organization to utilize services that we offer, in a way that works best for them & provides the most value. Employing best practices & monitoring will act as part of your day to day as everything that we do is operating in a governed way.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer/Systems Administrator/Site Reliability Engineer
- Working knowledge of GoLang, Python or Ruby
- Previous experience using configuration management platforms to build & manage hundreds of servers
- Previous experience using cloud transformation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation or ACSEngine
- Previous experience with Kubernetes, ECS, or other container orchestration tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks & expectations at once
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.