Manager, Support Engineering - Terraform
Location: US Remote
HashiCorp is seeking a Manager, Support Engineering to join the Terraform Support Engineering team. This strategic role will be based in the US region working remotely & report to the Associate Director, Support Engineering - Terraform.In this role the Manager, Support Engineering will work hand in hand with the Terraform Support Engineering Team Lead to manage incident escalations from our enterprise customers & track & report issues found by our enterprise customers.
This position will also help with the management of the Terraform Support Engineering team, the Terraform Support Engineering team is responsible for handling all customer reported issues, & following these issues through resolution, ensuring the customer is satisfied & has a stable system working within the SLA of the ticket placed.
Oversee Customer Support Issues
- Track & document customer support issues
- Guarantee all customer support issues meet the documented SLA
- Report all escalated incidents, making sure the correct feedback makes it to the correct teams within HashiCorp
- Manage customer escalations from your direct reports, & follow a methodical escalation process
Recruit, mentor, & inspire a world-class team
- Build a pipeline of great candidates & future employees
- Set expectations on performance & give feedback as needed
- Weekly 1:1 with direct reports
- Set up training schedules & mentoring opportunities
- Drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels
Drive alignment with Customer Success
- Work with our Customer Success team to guarantee all VIP customers are being handled with care
- Give feedback to Technical Account Managers (TAM) regarding any customers experiencing issues which might need TAM attention.
- Work with Customer Success during sales cycle, & guarantee hand-off occur easily, making sure that Support Engineering is fully prepared for new & large customers requiring special needs.
Own & manage key metrics for your team
- Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Current Support Load
- Customer Satisfaction
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Provide status & updates to Assoc. Director, Support Engineering
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Success, Product, & others, to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuous process improvements support engineering tools, process, on-call rotations, team structure, etc.
- 10+ years relevant experience in Support Engineering, Customer Success, or Customer Satisfaction. Technology start-up experience a plus
- 5+ years experience managing a team of Support Engineers
- Experience in enterprise software release & support processes
- Expertise in open source & SaaS is a major advantage
- Experience & participation within the DevOps community
- Proficiency with status gathering & reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking & juggling competing & changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve & exceed goals
- Ability to provide expert guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, & development technologies & processes
- Proficiency in understanding concepts & technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, & scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault is a plus
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large & dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic & team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Travel as needed
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
About HashiCorp & this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation & benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team. HashiCorp is a series D start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure & also helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorps software suite allows users to provision, secure & run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.