WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR :
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love, (*ruv) dogs.
Senior software engineers at BarkBox own the design & implementation of new features & improve our current codebase. You are enthusiastic about optimizing large scale operations as well as building intuitive, friendly interfaces. You get a thrill from applying creative problem solving to balance ambitious timelines with technical rigor. You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team & you are excited to collaborate & mentor.
You love that the code you deploy results in tails wagging across the country.
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation & planning of features to set the team up for success. We build to deploy.
- Technical: Build beautiful intuitive user interfaces & build on our backend services to access customer data.
- Feature Delivery: Write well-designed, testable & reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy & your coworkers too.
- Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability & scalability. You are pragmatic not dogmatic.
- Leadership: You are someone who people want to work with. It's not only that you have great ideas, it's that you make other people better too.
- You have 5 years of full-stack web-development experience & are open to Ruby on Rails
- You have delivered & maintained production software in a team environment
- You can design data models & optimize queries
- You write tests early & often & enjoy working in a CI/CD environment
- You care about delivering a good customer experience & align your code to that
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand & build on an existing codebase
- You value your own time & others & find solutions to optimize it
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC & Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.