Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer inFintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Were helping people get the protection they need & feel good about it. But what if you have no clue what you need? Cant tell a deductible from a drainpipe? Never fear! The Policygenius content team is here. Editorial at Policygenius serves to build consumer awareness & provide decision support with the ultimate goal of helping readers become customers. This is a potentially long journey from discovery to education to action.
The Insurance Editor will help write & edit a library of best-in-class educational content for decision support across multiple insurance verticals. This role will work closely with our Senior Content Strategy Manager & SEO Product Manager to grow organic search traffic to our Learn Centers. The Insurance Editor will play a key part in delivering on Policygenius mission. This role will report to the Senior Content Strategy Manager.
- Write & edit the best explainer content on the internet about life, health, renters, disability & auto insurance. (And more to come!)
- Collaborate with our SEO Product Manager & Senior Content Strategy Manager on keyword strategy for our Learn Center content
- Refresh & optimize our Learn Center content in line with our plan to grow organic traffic to existing pages
- Successfully grow search traffic & increase conversion rates to product pages
- 2+ years experience writing & editing insurance or editorial content for a digital publication
- A passion for editing & making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest & even (gasp!) fun to read
- Knowledge of insurance & personal finance fundamentals youd be comfortable giving advice to your friends & family
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Comfort collaborating with stakeholders from different departments such as SEO & Marketing
- Analytical & editorial sensibilities you nerd out on your research but make your writing simple & clear
- Ability to get information you need knowledge of where to pull industry reports & resources you might need in writing company reviews, state guides, etc
- Experience tracking traffic & keyword growth & reporting progress to your team
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)