Pivotals Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organizations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimize for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
Are an Engineer with experience implementing MPP or Big Data solutions. The Data Engineer role at Pivotal is focused on customer success, enablement, & technology optimization after the software sale. Strong technical & consultative skills are required.
Pivotal Data tackles the technical challenges that come with massively parallel distributed systems operating on petabytes of data across thousands of nodes. We delve into areas like query optimization, high-performance in-memory transaction & query processing, parallel & distributed execution of advanced data processing algorithms, resource management, & storage. On this team, you'll be working on hard, worthwhile problems with a collaborative team, accelerating your growth as an engineer.
You will be responsible for consulting with our clients to provide deep technical & business expertise with regards to the Pivotal data products. Additional job responsibilities include the ability to architect solutions & install, connect, & use these products. You will interface directly with customers & collaborate with our Data Scientists on engagements. You will also work with Pivotal Engineering & Product Management as the tip of the spear for the development of products & enhancements.
- Work on large, complicated & hugely impactful projects for the worlds biggest organizations. Communicate & align with multiple different technical stakeholders & teams while strictly adhering to Pivotal engagement processes
- Drive the successful usage & adoption of Pivotal data solutions within strategic accounts by providing expert technical guidance on architecture, design, implementation, tuning, integration & ability to scale our products in the customers environment
- Present Architecture & Design vision & strategy to our customers at levels including executives, technical management, & individual contributors
- Evangelize the value of Pivotal products in architectures & deployments
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years experience with big data & MPP databases (Greenplum preferred; Netezza or other database technology acceptable)
- Project experience
- Unix/Linux experience
- General experience working with cloud-based systems (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Development experience in any modern language, & thorough understanding of development principles
- Strong sense of curiosity & openness to new ways of thinking & working
- Ability to travel
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Other "data" experience - data science, IMDG (gemfire/pcc/redis/hazelcast), data analytics, etc.
- Postgres and/or MySQL experience
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.