Okta Workflows is the foundation for secure integration between cloud services. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to quickly integrate different services, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organizations existing services such as directories & identity systems, as well as many other applications.
Because Okta runs the integration workflow platform, organisations can implement the workflows quickly at large scale & low total cost. Hundreds of customers, including NTT, & MGM, trust Okta Workflows to help their organisations work faster, boost revenue & stay secure.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to work on our Workflows back-end Team. This team is responsible for building secure, scalable, & robust backend workflow services. This is an opportunity to leverage your experience developing highly scalable cloud applications while building new skills in Workflows. You will get an opportunity to solve hard problems around building next gen Workflow services & scaling the existing service.
Our team is fast, innovative & flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle & individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers & reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies & the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management.
- Engage with & analyze the Workflow service to ensure high reliability & bring new ideas to the product road map.
- Work with engineering management to scope & plan engineering efforts.
- Design & implement core, high-performance, scalable software components & microservices in Rust on Kubernetes.
- Perform Test-driven development, design & code reviews.
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation & UX teams,
- Investigate & drive live site issues as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5-10 years of software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software.
- Live Site experience.
- Experience with Rust or C++.
- Experience working with cloud scale systems.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles.
- Experience developing back end web applications.
- Experience with distributed systems.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience in Redis.
- Experience with RabbitMQ/AMQP.
- Experience with Cassandra (CQL).
- Experience with developing data pipelines.
- Experience developing full stack web applications.
Education & Training:
- BS Computer Science or related field.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy. #LI-LR1