Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about security innovation at scale & keeping the cloud safe for entrepreneurs & developers globally.
You will set the vision & direction for securing DigitalOceans technology stack, for both our public facing IaaS & PaaS products, as well as our management & corporate backplane. Were seeking a leader who can define a roadmap towards reducing risk while enabling engineering at the pace of a high-growth technology company.
Youll report directly to the Head of Security, & oversee our product security & infrastructure security functions. As a key decision maker for risk & security at DigitalOcean, youll influence our security roadmap & partner with many other teams across the organization to guide good security practices, architecture, & decision making.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Define & deliver our security capability roadmap that reduces risk to our products & our management plane, & creates confidence with our customers.
- Innovate security capability, organizational design, & process that allow us to achieve our security goals at the scale of the public cloud.
- Build security awareness & provide guidance on security architecture to technical & non-technical teams throughout the organization.
- Lead a team of talented security professionals & guide them on their professional growth.
- Represent DigitalOcean in our response to critical vulnerabilities from the hardware-layer up through our virtualization, services, & application stack.
- Communicate to executive leadership on the risks that DigitalOcean faces, our plans & progress on addressing risk, & the tradeoffs to consider while on that journey.
What Well Expect From You:
- Although DigitalOcean has a complex tech stack, we dont expect you to be expert in everythingthats why you have a team! But we do expect you to have experience with virtualization, vulnerability management, application security, threat modeling, & familiarity with network architecture, service design, identity management, & data protection.
- Experience leading cross-functional security teams, & in particular, a history of success in leading teams that regularly engage outside of the security organization.
- Ability to set multi-year direction & vision, & achieve milestones, while being adaptive in prioritization & process.
- Excellent communication skills for distilling complex security topics for both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Experience coaching & mentoring team members, & acting as a manager of managers. Cascading culture, goals, & engagement styles to your teams.
- Interface with customers & the security community to build awareness about DigitalOcean security.
- Promote a friendly, trust-based, & collaborative security organization culture. There are no rubber stamps here, & we pride ourselves on being approachable when helping other teams accomplish their goals, while having the best interest of DigitalOcean in mind.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!