As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized bycom as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need an Assistant Construction Manager to assist in the design & execution of future projects in the United States & around the world.
AeroFarms strategic goal is to enable local production at commercial scale in various markets globally. Specifically, we are focused on developing local farms that produce quality, flavorful, safe, pesticide-free, grown produce that can be easily traced from farm to fork through a simple & transparent supply chain. In our strategy to enhance our competitive advantage, we are seeking innovative, committed, individuals who can share in our long-term goals & sustainability efforts. Ultimately, at AeroFarms we are striving to transform agriculture.
In this position, you will play a major role fabricating, installing & testing for various types of projects. Welding, plumbing, pneumatic circuits & SolidWorks experience is a plus. Conventional Machining Experience Required, there is no CNC work.
- Operate manual equipment such as lathes, milling machines, press breaks, shears, grinders, etc. to produce ferrous, non-ferrous, plastic & wood parts using own setups.
- Performs own set-ups & fabricate parts with close tolerances (+/-.001) in various machining operations such as milling & boring & other operations.
- Knowledgeable of indexable tooling & proper tool selection for the job.
- Experience with high precision machining of many types of materials including 304 SS.
- Interpret fabrication drawings.
- Ability to work from prints, sketches & verbal instructions.
- Manage the projects in the machine shop based on schedules.
- Support engineering in fabrication & setup of various prototypes & test fixtures.
- Lead & mentor engineering technicians.
- Create a safe working environment.
- Must have own tools.
- Manage shop tools for correct inventory of tools needed for project execution.
- Knowledge & understanding of GD&T symbols on fabrication drawings.
- Knowledge of safety procedures such as lockout/tagout, chemicals, PPE.
- Must be motivated & reliable.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude & work well in a team environment.
- Maintains work area & equipment in a clean & organized manner.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Must have own tools.
GED or High School Diploma required. Some college is a plus.
- 5+ years of machine shop/job shop experience with minimal supervision
- Perform own setups.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards & safety programs.
- Ability to read fabrication & welding drawings.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in & manage work associated with multiple projects.
- Demonstrates creativity & problem solving skills.
- Physical requirements to work on projects may include lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods during the day.
- Site visits may require the ability to climb stairs, walk long distances (more than 100 yards) & stooping, kneeling, or bending for extended periods of time.