Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections & the exchange of helpful information, goods, & services. Nextdoors purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia & Canada, with many more to come.
The Role & the Impact Youll Make
Reporting to the Head of Global Revenue Operations, the Revenue Operations Lead will play a critical role in the Nextdoor Revenue organization. This person is responsible for identifying & reporting on key sales performance indicators & market opportunities & using those findings to influence the strategic agenda for the revenue organization. The scope of this role includes business planning, financial planning, market segmentation, pipeline assessment, coverage optimization, & ongoing performance measurement & reporting. Deliverables take the form of reporting, strategic recommendations, & operational execution that creates leverage & drives our growth.
The successful candidate has strong business acumen, can flex between strategy & operations, works collaboratively, communicates effectively, thrives in a fast-pace environment, gets things done & sets a high excellence bar.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Establish/maintain operational excellence across all revenue functions to ensure health of the business
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our business & develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify growth opportunities; develop key insights for executive-level presentations & drive critical business decisions
- Drive cross-functional initiatives to accelerate productivity across the revenue organization to achieve overall company objectives
- Partner with leaders across Nextdoor to create business strategies & build business cases for potential investment (e.g., country business plans); present insights & recommendations to senior leadership; drive follow through of those recommendations to ensure efficient execution with cross-functional partners
- Partner with Finance & Strategy to build models that forecast near & long-term sales revenue, profits & ROI
- Drive fiscal planning & execution including recommending organizational structure, financial goal setting, quota setting & market segmentation
- Proactive strategic projects that enable revenue leaders to better operate their teams, resulting in quantifiable business outcomes
- Optimize sales tools, integration with related systems, & utilization to increase data accuracy & visibility
- Drive the business weekly through operating information & cadence (e.g., weekly revenue call & related reporting)
- Leverage data-driven insights to continually refine go-to-market across all segments of Nextdoor's business, in collaboration with channel & revenue organization leadership
- Support executive deliverables such as QBRs, Board Reviews, etc. as needed
What Youll Bring to The House
- 7+ years of experience in a senior revenue/sales strategy & operations role, or similar. Prior experience with a fast-growth tech company highly preferred
- Experience with leading/building global teams & managing 5+ people teams
- Strong business acumen & analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, & project management skills
- A strong ability to gather & use data strategically to create improvements & influence others
- Ability to work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives & creative approaches. Able to see the big-picture while also being hands-on & in the details
- Always focused on doing what's right for the business. Willing to take on the tough projects & challenges to support the growth of the business
- Sets goals & drives to fulfillment. Takes responsibility for actions & for outcomes
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, & compellingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to present technical content to general audiences.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.