Peloton is looking for a hands-on engineering manager to help our database engineers build & improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure.
As the manager of the Database operations team, you will work on scaling our systems, building automation, & helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience.
The ideal candidate would have experience working in database/site reliability teams, thorough incident response management skills, strong operational knowledge of PostgreSQL, AWS cloud & experience communicating with senior management. You will be expected to build strong partnerships with other engineering teams to understand & support their datastore requirements while creating a strong vision & roadmap. As a manager you also understand that you bear a responsibility towards the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work & generally having a great time.
- Own reliability, automation, performance of business critical databases across the engineering organization.
- Setup a strong Incident response protocol within your team. Ensure incident response is within our partners SLAs & post-mortems are carried out to prevent repeating issues.
- Establish & maintain metrics to manage the availability of services & KPIs to manage your teams performance.
- Grow a high quality engineering team through recruiting, coaching, & mentoring engineers & by holding a high quality bar for your teams work.
- 5+ years of building, running & caring about teams of engineers, database or site reliability engineering teams strongly preferred, experience with remote teams a huge plus.
- 5+ years of experience working with databases both SQL (PostgreSQL/MySQL) & NoSQL (DynamoDB etc).
- 3-5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services & infrastructure as code, terraform strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, & impacts to product experience.
- Experience programming in a language like Python, Golang, Java. You may not code daily but should have the ability to hold a code quality bar on your team.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc) a strong plus - however we welcome those with a diverse background & experience.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.