Moda Operandi is looking for a dynamic Director, Email & CRM Marketing to lead global lifecycle marketing initiatives including email & CRM in our Headquarters in New York City. In this role, you will primarily oversee the evolution & execution of our customer retention & audience development strategies that will maximize customer activations & lifetime value.
As Director, Email & CRM Marketing, you will transform our luxury ecommerce experience using effective storytelling & creating personalized customer experiences by establishing strong customer relationships & building trust in our brand with a global audience developing data-driven lifecycle marketing strategies for email & CRM as well as related programs & channels including messaging, segmentation, optimization, push notifications, retargeting, direct mail, promotional incentives, & testing with an emphasis on forecasting.
Reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer, the ideal candidate has had hands-on experience owning an end-to-end email campaigns within a consumer-facing e-commerce environment; is passionate about retail innovation; & is adept at analyzing marketing campaign effectiveness to leverage ROI & client insights into an actionable roadmap.
This position plays an instrumental role in defining the long-term direction of the acquisition marketing campaigns overseeing execution, management & optimization. You will work closely with a number of cross-functional stakeholders across Content, Sales & Technology to drive conversion & retention to achieve revenue goals to ensure the sustained growth of an engaged customer base.
What you'll do:
- Lifecycle Marketing Roadmap: you will be responsible for leading the vision, strategy, & results for Moda Operandis global CRM & Email Marketing program, encompassing the marketing, transactional, & lifecycle email programs supporting growth & retention across our e-commerce & brick & mortar businesses
- Email Operations: manage team responsible for third-party ESP relationship & day-to-day operations of all customer-facing email & push marketing (both promotional & triggered campaigns)
- Campaign Management & Calendar Cadence: plot out & maintain email calendar; distribute weekly & communicate changes; & work with marketing team on incorporating CRM plans & programs into 360 Marketing strategies, directives & recaps managing campaign feedback through partnerships with creative, copy & CRM teams
- QA Testing: develop a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize all areas of the program by measuring & optimizing programs through A/B testing, segmentation, & personalization
- Optimization: growth through continuous testing, customer segmentation, creative partnership, landing page optimization
- Customer Segmentation & Acquisition: define key client segments for improved targeting & CRM program effectiveness; as well as to help drive registered users to make their first purchase through a compelling & confidence building cross-channel brand introduction
- CRM & Loyalty Programs: develop & execute comprehensive, data-driven omni-channel clienteling strategies, programs, & tools to drive sales & retention through Moda Operandis sales channels including: Trunk Show, Boutique, & Private Client services
- Innovation: drive innovation across the team identifying new areas of opportunity for growth in our email marketing strategy & how we're connecting our efforts to other teams
- Process Development & Implementation: as a key leader, you will establish best practices around email & CRM tools & processes, drive adoption & optimization, & ensure value to our business & client experience across our overall organization.
- Vendor Management & Partnerships: work with CRM vendor & ESP to develop targeting for direct mail/email campaigns & analyze results; & to seek premium partnerships to help drive new client acquisition into the brand & develop contact strategies for retaining growing clients into loyalists
- Budgeting & Forecasting: partner with company planning to ensure alignment to total brand budget managing forecasting process for CRM & email marketing monthly/weekly/daily activities including forecasting reporting at a channel level for traffic, paid media, revenue, spend & other performance KPIs to create & implement compelling programs & messaging that increase the lifetime value of existing customers users
- Stakeholder Management: align multiple cross-functional stakeholders to develop strategic campaign direction & creative assets to balance competing interests across the organization defining a clear vision & effective communications strategy
- Driving Sales: partner with internal product teams to drive increased orders per customer cohort by evolving personalization - particularly through email & push notifications
- Product Knowledge: work with buyers/merchants to ensure products featured in emails are online & available for email campaigns
- Engineering & Product: partner closely with engineering teams, product management, business insights, & program management to deliver products & features as well as to test & improve our transactional notifications & effectiveness of email communication
- Data Analytics & Insights: partner with our Heads of Data & Analytics to ensure our customer cohorts are being nurtured & activated based on varying acquisition sources, supporting the long-term health of our customer base making our email marketing efforts more beneficial
- KPIs & Metric: track, establish & deliver defined KPIs & metrics for the global program's growth across all regions on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis to meet revenue & performance targets and measure success of program features
- Campaign Analysis & Reporting: disseminate, analyze, & report our latest learnings & performance results helping other functions understand how decision trade offs impact revenue & growing a loyal email subscriber base.
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability & AB/multivariate testing ideally within an e-commerce or omni-channel retail space
- Expert knowledge of A/B & multivariate testing using Braze (or a comparable ESP) is required
- Expert knowledge of email standards, regulations, best practices, & international requirements such as SPF, CAN-SPAM, CASL & GDPR
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of email marketing, CRM, deliverability & analytics
- Advanced Excel skills & comfort manipulating large volumes of data (eg: pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, HLOOKUPs)
- Luxury retail/ecommerce experience is a plus!
- Strong proficiency in Omniture, Google Analytics or other web metric systems (proficiency in HTML/CSS is a plus)
- Proven ability to build out dashboard to share KPIs, learnings, & analysis
- Robust quantitative skills including forecasting ability & ROI analyses demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solving & deliver recommendations.
- Proven track record in driving customer acquisition & revenue growth
- Process-oriented approach, with the ability to plan & execute projects cross-functionally & flexibility to adjust your approach when presented with new data or roadblocks.
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically & innovatively
- An ability to thrive working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment & to think strategically & with innovation
- Excellent written & verbal communication & persuasion skills.
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with can-do attitude.
- Strong organizational & time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women & men to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands.
Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries, & has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.