WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
We are seeking Data Analysts to join the Data & Analytics organization & provide insights & recommendations to drive the strategic direction for WeWorks technology teams. The Data & Analytics group performs a wide breadth of work: from analyzing space utilization via sensor data & member engagement via sentiment analysis, to optimizing our construction process & developing recommendation engines across our software products.
The ideal person for this role is highly analytical, thinks about problems in a structured way, is passionate about generating hypotheses for business problems, & is excellent at delivering actionable insights & recommendations.
- Work with product, engineering, & other business leaders to find opportunities to improve & enhance our technology products
- Use statistical & inferential methods to derive insights from quantitative data
- Work with stakeholders to formulate quantitative & measurable objectives that have an impact on the business
- Formulate & refine questions, & explore data to discover meaningful relationships or insights
- Develop experimentation methodology; & launch, monitor, & evaluate experiments & A/B tests
- 3+ years of experience (5+ preferred) in quantitative analysis or data science
- Strong understanding of methods in statistical analysis (e.g., supervised machine learning methods, hypothesis testing, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills, with experience breaking down a large problem into smaller, solvable components
- Strong skills in data extraction & transformation with SQL
- Strong skills in data exploration, analysis, & visualization with Python or R
- Experience with BI & data visualization tools like Looker, Chartio, or Tableau
- Ability to initiate & drive projects to completion
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; with the ability to communicate the results of your work in meaningful ways
Strong collaboration skills with both technical & non-technical groups
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & a better product for our users.