See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sales Enablement Specialist - EMEA
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The GTM Enablement specialist will be a trusted partner to the GTM organization at Segment. Within Twilio, Enablement drives the onboarding & continuing training of our customer facing field teams to accelerate ramp times, drive revenue & broaden skills. This role contributes to content creation & supports operational execution & delivery of Enablement for the EMEA GTM team.
In this role, youll:
- Work with GTM Stakeholders & Product Marketing/Managers to develop & roll out a formal Product Certification Program for existing & future products
- Work with multiple cross functional teams to develop & deliver training & content to the entire Revenue Organization with a strong focus on the sales process execution from a tooling prospective
- Partner & Support the EMEA sales leaders to drive enablement initiatives
- Manage all communications for Segment product releases & product training for EMEA
- Work with the greater Segment enablement team to connect the programs to the EMEA stakeholders
- Create, distribute & analyze training program surveys, including executive summaries
- Audit past content & training to make sure all relevant content is available for the field.
- Assist in workshop scheduling, setups, & delivery material creations
- Prioritize projects assigned & meet project timelines.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- BA/BS degree in a business related field
- Experience with content & learning management systems. Familiarity with Google Suite & project management tools like Airtable.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Effective time manager, capable of delivering on multiple assignments & tasks accurately & on time
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience with product release cycles & communications
- You have an innate desire to help others succeed
- You are enthusiastic & willing to learn
This role can be based in our London or Dublin office.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.