The Financial Planning Team at Betterment is the face of the company for our higher balance customers. As one of our Financial Planners, you are a fiduciary that focuses on delivering sound financial advice, & one that puts the customer at the center of every interaction & decision. You love interacting with people, & are an educator at heart. You are also a master at the art of the analogy & can explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways. In this role, you will be joining a tight-knit team that is an integral part of the organization.
A Day in the Life:
- Conduct personal consultations (prep, meeting & followup) with higher balance prospects/customers, on topics such as investments, retirement & taxes
- Guide customers on how to use our tools & strategies in a way that best applies to their personal situation
- Deliver an above-and-beyond customer experience through multiple channels including phone, email, & screen share
- Troubleshoot customer issues & concerns, investigating why they happened, & communicating with multiple teams to find rapid resolutions
- Share the voice of the customers to the broader company, offering insights to all areas of the business to help build a better product & improve company processes (e.g., website, FAQ, UI/UX, back office procedures, etc.)
- Act as an external representative of our company, offering your knowledge to various media outlets, interview opportunities & educational articles
What Were Looking For:
- Passion for working directly with customers
- CFP designation
- Highly proficient in common wealth management strategies
- Previous experience with customer/prospect-facing meetings
- Ability to build trust & communicate complex concepts clearly
- Tech savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously to respond to customer inquiries (CRM, portfolio manager, & other internal tools)
- Creative, with a breadth of interests, & an intrinsic initiative to learn new things
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells & BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.