Who You Are:
Do you like working with cutting edge computer hardware? Do you want to support some of the top minds in the Artificial Intelligence field? The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (AI2) is looking for an IT Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. We are building the systems that powers our research, both in the cloud & on site. If you join our team, you will contributing to the creation of high impact, world changing research by providing IT support across the entire organization.
At AI2, you will not only be working with a group of talented engineers, but with some of the top AI researchers in the world. We have projects on understanding & answering real-world questions, learning from pictures & videos, & building the worlds best academic search engine. As an IT Engineer on the infrastructure team, you would have the chance to learn about & support all of these projects.
What you will be doing:
- Providing IT support for all of local & remote employees
- Providing IT & AV support for webcast meetings & talks
- Provisioning advanced GPU hardware for cutting edge research
- Assist engineering & research in debugging hardware & software issues
- Troubleshooting & maintaining our internal systems & equipment
- Administering & supporting our software subscriptions
- Asset, account, user & permission management
- Creating automation for performing repetitive tasks
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication, mentoring, & customer service skills
- 3-5+ years in an IT engineer or IT support role
- Experience administering MacOS & Linux operating systems
- Experience troubleshooting both personal & server hardware
- Experience working with major cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure)
- Experience with AI research technologies such as Cuda & Tensorflow preferred.
Who We Are:
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen & headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, & our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, & promote people from all genders, ethnicities, & all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, & people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences & perspectives can bring to an organization, & we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected & considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance we believe our team members are happiest & most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, & vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation & sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative & transparent we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, & even quicker to share & jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle & our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, & we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door. We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States.
- We are friendly chances are you will like every one of the 100+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.