Full-time Loss Prevention Investigator will report directly to the Loss Prevention Manager in Phoenix, Arizona.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Identify, observe, & bring to closure incidents of external theft
- Identify, investigate, & bring to closure incidents of internal theft
- The ability to identify shortage & safety related issues within a retail store environment
- Review & audit of procedures for all inbound & outbound merchandise
- Conduct quality inspections on packaging & documentation ensuring all Loss Prevention measures have been adhered too
- Conduct physical building security checks & maintain proper building security standards
- Conduct shortage & safety inspections & communicate findings to the Loss Prevention Manager.
- Participate in the training of new hire associates to increase Loss Prevention awareness
- Be the driving force behind weekly store inventories, identifying all forms of loss while suggesting creative shortage control solutions
- Train & support the Loss Prevention staff. (Greeters/Security)
- Ability to identify operational discrepancies
- Help manage the stores inventory process
- Testify in court on behalf of the company, in any case, criminal or civil in which the Investigator is summoned
- Prepare prompt & complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, & audits
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years of luxury retail Loss Prevention experience
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, & holidays as needed
- Effectively partner with store leadership on loss prevention processes & initiatives
- Strong knowledge pertaining to physical security equipment including: CCTV & alarm equipment
- Must have strong oral & written communication skills
- Ability to support off-site events as needed
- Demonstrates the skill & willingness to take initiative & anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet deadlines as required
- Ability to read & interpret POS media & provide summary information about incidents
- Ability to handle complex, time-sensitive situations while remaining calm & professional
- Strong detailed knowledge of theft, statutory laws & regulations
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.