Mozilla is hiring UX Design Interns onto our product teams throughout the world. Our headquarters are based in the Bay Area, but we also have opportunities at our offices in Toronto!
We are engineers, designers, makers, & problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, youll help build interesting new features, improve Mozilla products, & explore new product directions. To be part of the team, we ask that you be user centered, technically-curious, & excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
As a part of our Mozilla Internship Program, you will:
- Impact challenging projects influenced by our family of Mozilla products in & outside of the Firefox web browser (accessibility, voice design, developer tools, mobile, & mixed reality), Pocket, & more
- Be mentored by a fellow teammate & someone who shares the same values
- Do real work on real projects & make contributions that will impact hundreds of millions of users
- Participate in social events with your fellow interns (amusement parks, ice cream & boba socials, board game nights, escape rooms, & painting parties)
- Meet with Mozilla leaders including our CEO, Executive Chairwoman, CPO, Chief R&D Officer, CMO, & Executive Foundation Director
- Present your work to Mozilla leaders & fellow team members
- Market competitive pay
- Catered lunches, snacks, & drinks
- Housing service or housing stipend provided
- Flights & ground transportation to & from internship
- Work visas sponsored
- Attendance at our bi-annual All Hands Meeting
Application & Interview Process
- Recruiting begins in September, & we hire on a rolling basis through March. While there is no set application deadline, we do have a limited number of positions open each year, so please apply early!
- Locations include Mountain View, San Francisco, Toronto, Berlin, & Paris. Please refer to our internship listings for specific locations offered by position.
- Process starts with a resume review followed by a HackerRank challenge (technical) or document submission (non-technical).
- Upon passing, you will partake in two technical & behavioral interviews with team members (coding & situational questions are fair game) followed by a hiring manager interview & ultimately, an offer decision.
We have 2 positions open on the following teams:
Firefox Product / UX Design Intern (Toronto, Canada)
Join Firefox UX to work within our passionate Desktop browser team. Help us improve people's browsing experience around the globe. You will collaborate with designers & engineers on refining existing features & adding new ones to our products. Your main focus will be to help us ship privacy & security features we are working on.
Product / UX Design Intern (Toronto, Canada)
The Firefox Search team is responsible for creating the next generation of search experiences across our desktop & mobile products. We use tools such as Sketch, Invision, & Framer to design & test new ideas. We're looking for a User Experience intern to collaborate with Researchers & Engineers to design & test new search functionality.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters degree program in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related discipline
- Must be graduating in December 2020 & onward
- Skilled in UX Design Methodologies
- Proficiency in Sketch
- Strong communication & social skills
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills
- Excellent organization, time management, & interpersonal skills
- Empathy for users, passion for using data to make product decisions
- Experience with user research techniques
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. Join us & become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation & opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting & hiring process & is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.