Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Analyst to join our Regulatory Affairs team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
The Regulatory Affairs team secures approval of Oscars plan portfolio through annual filings. As a Senior Analyst on the Regulatory Affairs team, you & your colleagues will manage the submission of Oscars annual QHP filings, & support Oscars compliance with ongoing reporting obligations to regulatory bodies, associations, & exchanges. This role will have an emphasis on those filings & obligations on Oscars provider networks; you will work closely alongside other Oscar teams including Network Strategy, Legal, & Insurance Operations to ensure Oscars full regulatory compliance.
You will report to & support the New York-based Regulatory Affairs Manager in doing the following at Oscar:
- Prepare, file, & secure approval & certification of Oscars current-state & expansion networks through assembly & project-management of the periodic network filings required by Oscars state regulators, state exchanges, & CMS.
- Support successful account relationships with regulatory bodies to which Oscar submits its Qualified Health Plan filings.
- Contribute to the development of a repository of internal procedural guides on filing obligations to support teams & retain institutional knowledge.
- Develop processes for internal tracking & monitoring reporting across departments.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree
- You have 1+ years of relevant work experience in business operations, consulting, project management, or healthcare.
- You have strong excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- You enjoy collaboration & can balance diverse requirements.
Nice-to-have qualifications & skills:
- You have a technical bend & the ability to use tools to answer your questions (e.g. SQL/Python).
- You enjoy the problem-solving process & deriving structure & clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs.
- You have experience in healthcare, or another regulated industry.
- You are interested in the regulatory compliance world.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.