The Senior Creative Producer will lead the creative strategy & creation of original content for key social platforms while supporting the video team on select short / mid form projects. Reporting to the Creative Director, the ideal candidate will be a highly creative & media savvy individual who can significantly elevate the quality, creativity & impact of our social video work to drive engagement, build brand loyalty & create attention around Thrillist, translating into increased traffic & incremental revenue for the brand.
- Lead the strategy, content creation & publishing cadence for the Thrillist Snapchat Discover channel to drive brand awareness & generate incremental revenue. This includes setting the story slate for our daily editions, managing day to day workflow, top-editing copy & headlines, coaching writers & editorial producers, & planning out themed editions.
- Lead original content creation across key social platforms including Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok, Twitch & any other essential emerging platforms. This includes social first videos, stories, original series & curation of still imagery.
- Work with video team as needed to develop premium short form content for Thrillist O+O & YouTube.This includes conceptualizing, pitching, writing & producing.
- Collaborate across entire org on conceptualization of brand-definingevents, tentpoles, & other major Thrillist moments that require thoughtful ideation.
- Partner with the Social Media arm that oversees community management, paid strategy & performance analytics to make sure creative, content & strategy are synthesized for maximum effectiveness.
- Liaise with audience development to gain insights that can help inform creative concepts & fully understand audience behavior & best practices. Be able to identify & translate learnings from content performance where needed to pivot & workshop creative approach.
- Lead, manage & mentor a 6-person team of designers, motion artists, producers & writers.
- 7+ years storytelling experience, ideally in digital media (video experience a plus)
- At least 3+ years editorial leadership or management experience
- A sharp understanding of social media & video platforms - & willingness to learn more & adapt as this fast-moving environment changes
- Strong creative judgement & strong storytelling skills; a passion for food, travel & entertainment
- Highly organized: Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, & communicate progress
- Ability to work under strict deadlines & has grace under pressure
- Adaptable & able to get things done with limited resources
- Intimate understanding & respect for research & analytics, be able to track & apply data learnings into editorial planning & be able to pivot when needed
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.