Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role of Product Analyst in the Identity Products group is to help manage existing products, develop enhancements to these products, & develop new offerings in the risk & authentication space. They will be part of the global team which is developing & deploying Visa's Identity solutions, which focus on authentication, identity & fraud detection & deterrence to help mitigate fraud & increase approval rates. The Product Analyst will assess global market trends, evaluate potential product opportunities, & recommend market entry strategies. He/she will contribute to the product vision & delivery, including managing functional requirements, feature prioritization, product operations, & on-going product management. He/she will also partner with internal groups to evaluate & articulate the value/business proposition of new products & will also train & be highly consultative to Visa's client facing teams & regional product leads on the best way for clients to take advantage of Visa's Identity solutions & new products.
- Support the deployment of Visa's Identity solutions & authentication products globally.
- Support collaborative development & help with the execution of short-term, intermediate, & long-term strategic business development plans for identity & authentication products
- Support product development lifecycle from strategic planning, commercialization, development, & ongoing management
- Collaborate with Visa regional product leads & cross-functional team members to develop the product assets & commercialize the Visa solutions.
- Help coordinate with marketing & regional product leads on key messaging for new & emerging products
- Identify & build relationships with internal & external partners to successfully manage & deliver high quality products & solutions
- Provide product training to internal teams: sales, marketing, product, customer service, etc.
- Manage product operations, including client contracts, billing, legal approval of materials, & client-facing reporting
- Provide product managers & internal stakeholders with formal & ad-hoc analysis & regular performance reporting
- Lead client meetings & executive innovation sessions
- Stay abreast of competitor products, ensure products are differentiated & solve client's greatest needs while reducing fraud & increasing authorization.
- Focus on Results - Holds self & others accountable for outcomes
- Focus on Solutions - Connects people & information across the organization to leverage the best of Visa's technologies & expertise
- Influence Others - Effectively negotiates outcomes that benefit Visa & Clients
- Communication - Strong communication, presentation, & relationship building skills
- Dependability - Consistently follows through on commitments to build trust with clients & internal stakeholders
- Balance Analysis & Action - Takes action without excessive consultation or guidance
- Problem Solving - Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Lead Change - Initiates & facilitates appropriate product enhancements or modifications to drive global product growth
- Inspire Others - Convey a vision of the future that generates excitement & commitment
- Executive Presence - able to command attention & respect of senior executives through a confident & professional manner.
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3+ years of experience working in product management or management consulting (or 2+ years of work experience with Advanced Degree, e.g., Masters, MBA), with experience & knowledge of payment authentication a strong plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build connections with internal Visa teams & clients
- Ability to transform business ideas into detailed requirements that enable technology teams to deliver new products or product enhancements based on business needs
- Ability to manage & write product documentation detailing product features & business rules
- Business acumen as well as attention to details, & proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Strong data analysis, modeling, problem solving & visualization skills. Ability to create executive level reports, dashboards & presentations. Demonstrated ability to deliver on large-scale analyses with significant business impact
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks & projects with multiple work streams, & demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Flexible & creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate outside-the-box solutions & manage uncertainty
- Ability to excel in a large organization by finding solutions that meets the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to create & influence strategy
- A love of fact based decision making, passion for customer centric design & continuous improvements, insatiable curiosity, & excellent problem solving skills
This position can be based in Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; or Arlington, Virginia. Other Visa office locations (Denver, Austin, New York City) will be considered.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Less than 10% travel required.
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.