At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role:
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) role is executive level & highly cross-functional. This newly formed position brings together our enterprise technology groups. We are seeking a technology executive with extensive leadership experience in global, cloud-centric, & engineering-driven businesses. The CIO will be comfortable engaging with all staff levels with a focus upon the execution of key initiatives, & the day-to-day operations required to drive velocity, while ensuring the availability & stability of the enterprise systems & supporting Corporate Computing Infrastructure. The successful candidate will be capable of balancing a startups pace of delivery with the long term needs of an expanding business. Most importantly, the CIO will need to bring an employee first leadership style & be able to work in a flexible & collaborative culture.
- Own the vision for & execution of the enterprise strategic roadmap & priorities for IT with emphasis on technology stacks for key functions
- Lead the IT workforce strategy for speed of execution & process & optimization
- Evolve the IT organization & continuously promote opportunities for staff development
- Create a multi-year operating plan with a focus on business impact
- Analyze the costs, value, & risks of information technology to advise management & drive investments
- Manage the IT budget & drive sequencing & investment trade-offs, driving build or buy decisions to ensure the deployment of technology solutions
- Oversee the corporate computing infrastructure (networks & computer systems) to ensure optimal performance
- Plan the implementation of new systems & provide technical & project guidance to IT staff & partners
- Build/enhance effective systems that meet stakeholder requirements, utilizing the appropriate software development process lifecycleEstablish service level agreements (SLAs) that meet business needs, & monitor ITs performance to ensure adherence to commitments
- Represent the CIO agenda to the board
- Partner effectively with CTO, COO, Head of People, Head of Product, Head of Revenue, & CSO to identify, prioritize & drive strategic initiatives that impact the organization
- Communicate strategy, objectives, & performance results to the executive team & cross-functional partners.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company
- can gain a competitive advantage
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, & experience
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience & leadership in the Technology industry
- 5+ years of technology leadership in high-tech companies, preferably with SaaS business models
- Experience in customer & market-facing interactions
- Strong executive presence along with global experience
- Track record building, leading & mentoring high-performing IS/IT teams
- Significant experience working & leading cross-functionally in high growth organizations
- Strategic thinker with outstanding business acumen
- Relationship builder who inspires trust & confidence internally & externally
- Action-oriented leader who gets things done
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively at C-level & to Board of Directors
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity & dedication to the teams success
- Recent Experience with Marketing, Sales, Finance & IT tech stacks, M&A integration, Cloud & SaaS a plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.