At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation.
As an infrastructure engineer, you will be responsible for building & operating the foundational pieces & frameworks of our ML platform. You will bring deep technical software expertise & the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a larger company with the potential for broad business impact. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building new system components to advocating to other engineers for best practices. You are an excellent software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, & customer focus. This is a chance to get in on the early stage of a new effort & help shape the technology, product & impact.
Every day we compile millions of lines of code, drive thousands of miles in simulation, process hundreds of Terabytes of data & scale up or down thousands of ML compute instances. All of these rely on the foundation that we build & operate for the whole autonomous vehicle program. If you are excited to help drive this mission, we should talk!
- Design & implement reliable, scalable, & performant distributed systems & pipelines
- Design & operate ML platform processing single node/distributed node training
- Provide observability into the systems health & execution flow, build tools & dashboards for monitoring & scaling ML training
- Be a force multiplier by sharing ML infrastructure knowledge & advocating for best practices across the entire Autonomous organization
- 2+ year's overall development experience in Data/ML systems
- Proficiency in system design & software development, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Python, C++)
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team of talented engineers
- Experience building REST or gRPC services
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.