What you build & where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of databaseone born in the cloud & built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, & thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Were searching everywhere (behind the fridge, under the sink, etc.) for our newest Roacher to join the Product Marketing team as a Product Marketing Manager. You should like to tinker & dream of exciting ways to communicate deep technical concepts. Deep experience with databases, building apps, & adjacent technologies will help you immensely.
Lets take an entomological look at this role. What are the parts of a Roacher that matter?
- In this strategic role, youll use your head to define our technical story & drive the delivery of vital technical assets to our audience. Youll collaborate with Product, Developer Relations, Technical Staff, & technical field resources to help communicate how CockroachDB directly supports developers, operators, & architects.
- Your highly-evolved antenna will help us examine the database market & pay attention to the shifting needs of modern software teams & the constantly changing technology landscape. Owning our competitive intelligence program will help you shape CockroachDBs technical story & build critical technical assets for go-to-market teams.
- Developers dont always see their database. Youll help them do so by using your compound eyes to build content like tech briefs, videos, blog posts, presentations, & other critical assets. Youll allow teams to see whats important in a database, even if its not always visible.
- Ask any cockroach: speed matters. Youll use your legs to publish benchmark reports that help our customers & community compare CockroachDB to others. As the Distributed SQL market matures, youll produce reference architectures to inspire the creation of full stack, breakthrough applications.
- Product Marketing sits in the middle of everythingsales, demand generation, enablement, content, press & analyst relations, etc. Here in the companys thorax, youll help launch products, providing insight & input into the message & narrative that will inspire & incite the adoption of CockroachDB.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in our market & product, CockroachDB, so you can gain proficiency in our product & how we make it easier for companies to build & scale apps. You will build relationships with various individuals & teams at Cockroach Labs to build trust & establish connections.
After 90 days, you will be an active participant of the Product Marketing team & represent us within the revenue-producing functions within Cockroach Labs.
- 3-5 years of product marketing experience
- Intellectual curiosity & a desire to tinker with technology
- Proven experience collaborating across multiple teams
- A unique capability to create compelling marketing communications
- Excellent organizational skills & excel with logistics
- Strong ability to take a project from idea to execution
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, & communications skills
- The ability & desire to make roach punsand to join a fantastic, fast-moving, & FUN product marketing team
You will join a world-class Product Marketing team in the broader Marketing organization. Product Marketing at Cockroach Labs means you work with *everyone*, including sales, sales enablement, solution engineering, product management, demand generation, & many teams. We like it that wayhelping to shape the strategy of a high-growth company no matter where it takes us. If youre looking to join an impactful team that impacts the companys growth vector daily, this job is for you.
Youll report to Andrew Marshall, VP of Product Marketing & a product leader whos driven marketing strategies at companies like Amazon Web Services, PagerDuty, New Relic, & Microsoft. Andrew believes in building teams that think creatively, love working with each other, & are genuinely excited to build new things each day.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.