They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, & Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier & more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, & we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms & having the best talent.
This role is part of a new business unit within Gympass that will provide our partners with a marketplace to purchase equipment, accessories & software with prices & terms that rival the largest chains in the world & a selection & ease of use that rivals the largest online retailers. As a key early employee in a startup within a startup, the Account Executive will provide valuable insight to drive growth. Working directly with the Head of Sales, you will build a consultative sales process from scratch to help our partners use our marketplace to improve their businesses. In addition, you will develop a deep understanding of our partners buying journeys & pain points; working closely with Supply, Design & Marketing to develop a better marketplace.
What You'll Do...
- Proactively engage with our current partners, learn about their business needs, identify & negotiate relevant product offerings within the Gympass Plus marketplace.
- Hunt new business opportunities to capture large purchases & cross-sell the Gympass partnership.
- Develop & adapt sales processes to optimize sales performance across rapidly expanding product lines.
- Test everything. We have a data driven approach to sales.
- Commit to executing at a high level with limited resources & support.
- Collaborate openly with a lean team to build a world class marketplace.
You Should Have...
- Thrive in a fast faced, startup environment.
- Have a desire to change the world - Align Gympass mission with your own.
- Roll up your sleeves & get your job done with limited resources & large obstacles.
- Have proven success in a high stakes situation.
- Believe in work/life integration.
- Learn independently. Start from first principles to innovate custom solutions to unique problems.
- Prioritize speed to perfection. Get a lot done in a small amount of time compared to your peers.
- Debate with your boss. Rely on data to form opinions & stand up for what you believe the data is telling you.
- Understand how to construct a sales funnel to assess bottlenecks, improve processes & fix them.
- Believe in Radical Candor, building work into a game with clear goals & rules & subscribe to the belief that startups are defaulted to die, & only our actions will change the outcome.
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health & welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Gympass membership,workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch
- Competitive PTO, sick time, company-observed holidays & a floating holiday
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement program
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth & career development
- An exciting & supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) & ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.