Company Description|Job Description
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Seattle, WA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Job duties & projects include:
- Installing, maintaining, & upgrading z/OS operating systems & subsystems using SMP/E.
- Installing, maintaining, & upgrading various third party software tools.
- Working with other support, development, & user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design & functionality.
- Working with vendors on software upgrades & problems.
- Aiding applications & operations teams with problem determination.
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location & team needs.
Systems Engineer Internswill be placed in one of the Technology Organization teams. Here is a list & brief descriptions:
- Network Processing:At its core, Visa is a payments network that connects consumers & merchants with financial institutions. The team is building the long-term architecture on architecture on open platforms & commodity hardware, as well as opening our technology platforms to enable industry collaboration & innovation through co- development.
- Issuer Processing: Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions & is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets.
- Merchant + Acquirer Processing: Merchant & Acquirer Processing (MAP) is focused on executing the Visa Merchant Strategy, building deeper merchant & acquirer relationships & increasing Total Merchant Value by developing solutions that address complex & emerging merchant & acquirer needs.
- Operations + Infrastructure: For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay & be paid for everyone, everywhere, O&I must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, & run on software-defined infrastructures.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Pursuing a BachelorDegree in Computer Engineering, CS,or a related field, graduating December 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Able to communicate with client support & translate complex technical concepts into user-friendly terminology
- Strong drive to learn & motivated to advance in profession
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of security requirements
- Structured approaches to system configuration management & implementation
- Fundamental knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP, Networking, Subnetting & Network routing
- Team player
- Experience in support or project coordination role in a financial or IT company
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.