Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable, & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental, or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories, & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The Supply Chain & Operations team at RTR works to deliver the customer mission by innovating through automation, process improvement, transportation methods, packaging, & garment science. In doing so, the RTR operations team owns the largest cost components of the business: fulfillment labor, transportation, & inventory care. While this is true of any e-commerce company, our subscription rental model & reverse logistics process introduce unique complexities to RTR. Given that garments are rented multiple times, returning garments to like-new condition is critical to maximizing the life of our inventory. RTR is thus not only tasked with scaling productive operational processes for traditional e-commerce functions but also with carrying out manufacturing-like processes such as dry cleaning & repairs. The variety of our inventory assortment - which has been expanding with the growth of new categories - further introduces challenges to implementing traditional technologies & solutions. Success on the RTR operations team requires the pursuit of constant innovation beyond conventional standards.
About the Job:
RTR is seeking an outstanding Senior Program Manager to join the Garment Science team. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating multiple projects and/or programs concurrently that support the KPIs of the garment science team: Quality, Damages, & Operations costs. This includes, but is not limited to, creating project plans, communicating & gathering information from stakeholders, working with tech & product teams, & executing projects from inception to completion.
You must be a self-starter, flexible & able to succeed within a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, & be driven by curiosity.
What Youll Do:
- Create & monitor weekly & monthly input metrics that support operational inventory performance improvements.
- Own & deliver projects that support scale, meaningful cost reduction, or extend the life of our inventory rental product.
- Collaborate with internal teams to define & deliver solutions that support the Garment Science roadmap.
- Creating project plans & executing to completion.
- Author a monthly business review document detailing the performance of your business & initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience with program/project management for operations, supply chain, or manufacturing quality.
- Proficiency in using business/technical software such as Excel & Word to build easy-to-understand business cases.
- Strong business intelligence/analytics reporting skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage project/task prioritization
- Ability to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, & commitment across multiple groups
- Strong communicator & organized thinker.
- Autonomous self-starter that thrives in ambiguity & fast-paced environments
- Experience launching new processes from start to finish
- Experience running RFP process to evaluate 3rd party software/tools/equipment
- Comfort with highly complex data sets & statistical methods.
- Experience leading or influencing cross-functional teams including
- Operational process design
- Tech product & software solutions
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company-wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.