The Senior Manager of International Accounting will be a key addition to the finance organization as Vimeo continues to grow its footprint worldwide!
Vimeo is looking for a highly motivated, experienced Senior Accounting Manager to ensure that all international entity financial close & reporting processes are consistent with US GAAP for consolidation purposes & with local GAAP for statutory filing purposes.
The successful candidate provides accounting & financial oversight for our international entities, & is primarily responsible for the completeness, accuracy & timeliness of all financial reporting for multiple legal entities. This person is a high-profile business partner for Business Operations, Tax, Treasury & Internal Audit & is a key resource for setting up & maintaining new legal entities & business processes.
What youll do:
- Coordinate & maintain the financial close process for Vimeos international entities (India, Israel, UK & Ukraine) adhering to a strict timeline
- Establish & communicate monthly, quarterly & annual financial reporting deliverables to/from international entities; acting as the key liaison with in-country accounting firms
- Review statutory financial reports & accounts, & work with local entities to bridge statutory financial & tax books to U.S. GAAP, ensuring reconciliations are complete & accurate
- Partner with the Tax team of our parent company, IAC, in reviewing & booking transfer pricing journal entries, ensuring the departmental structure accurately aligns to the intercompany tax agreements while maintaining accurate supporting documentation for local country tax refunds/credits
- Reconcile intercompany balances & ensure intercompany agreement terms & settlements are paid accurately & timely
- Ensure all key internal controls over operations & financial reporting are in place & operating in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley rules & regulations
- Review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations, roll-forwards & flux analyses for all international entities as well as the mapping of monthly trial balances into Oracle to ensure accuracy & completeness
- Research international accounting guidance, assess ASC 830, Foreign Currency requirements & develop policies & procedures that are aligned to U.S. GAAP requirements
- Track all lease agreements for international entities; ensuring all terms are properly accounted for under ASC 842
- Assist with interim review & year end audit requests from internal & external auditors on matters related to international accounting & reporting as well as assist with international regulatory compliance
- Assist the IAC tax team with annual tax preparation packages collaborating closely with international tax reporting advisors
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 8+ years of accounting experience with managerial experience in a multi-country/currency environment preferably with a publicly traded company
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- Strong U.S. GAAP experience required, IFRS experience a plus
- Expertise in international reporting, including but not limited to transfer pricing agreements, VAT/GST accounting, income tax withholding.
- Outstanding leader with the ability to influence others & earn respect of team & business partners!
- Ability to work across teams & levels, both within the accounting function, & across functions, including tax, legal, operations & senior leadership
- Ability to analyze financial documents/schedules & write commentary to explain results/variances in a concise & clear manner
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills, ability to link information together
- Must foster an environment of continuous improvement focusing on streamlining, improving & automating processes
- Must be adaptable & willing to multi-task & handle additional responsibilities as needed while meeting deadlines
- Possesses energy & passion for getting results; bias for action
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Conditional formulas)
- Experience with Oracle Fusion or Oracle EBS/Essbase/Hyperion/Blackline a plus
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.