Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Special Projects & Operations Team (SPOT) Guides to join our team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Special Projects & Operations Team (SPOT) Guides work to solve complex issues or concerns impacting our brokers, members, & providers. In this role you will be working in tandem with our Broker Support Team, our Concierge Teams, as well as cross departmentally within Oscar to provide efficient & thorough resolutions with top quality & customer service.
You will report into the Sales Team Lead
- Handle inbound & outbound calls, as well as emails from some of Oscars most important business partners (General agents, brokers, & business administrators), members, & providers
- Gain a deep understanding of Oscars plans, benefits, & networks with the ability to educate others on our products across markets & LOBs
- Collaborate with Oscars Eligibility, Billing, Claims, & Member Services teams to resolve complex issues
- Facilitate timely resolution of outstanding issues & understand appropriate escalation paths
- Manage queue work & case load through efficient dashboard management
- Identify, investigate, & resolve issues within determined SLAs
- Ability to utilize internal tools & resources seamlessly
- Effectively communicates findings & resolutions with clients & internal departments
- 3+ years of customer support/service experience or Bachelors Degree
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Experience using CRM & knowledge management tools to resolve client issues
- Experience handling complex client/broker/provider escalations
- Experience with managing various queues with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Experience in using various platforms such as Salesforce, Jira, & G Suite is a plus
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.