Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We're looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to join our team & cover the NorCal Region. We believe that individuals in this role can talk about the value of the company, as opposed to how they close the deal. You will ideally be based in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Manage a territory & develop & execute account plans to achieve (and exceed) individual quota, developing strong relationships with important decision-makers, influencers, & partners within your territory
- Lead multiple customer sales cycles & manage & close opportunities within a set of accounts
- Provide the value proposition of CockroachDB to customers & create opportunities that lead to the use of the product
- Manage strong working relationships with internal partners, including business development, marketing, & pre-sales
- Be invested in the success of CockroachDB & relay product requirements back to corporate
- Excel in a fast-moving environment
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB & become proficient in the product. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts & grasp sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you have a strategy in place for revenue goals.
After 60 days, you'll be competent in account strategy & mapping. You will work with your manager to set revenue targets to reach your sales goals. You will also have started closing smaller size or existing deals that are already in flow.
After 3 months, you will have started doubling your pipeline & will be working on closing some of your later stage opportunities while targeting more complex deals. As you gain momentum at Cockroach Labs, you will also increase your sales pipeline & help grow the overall revenue of Cockroach Labs.
- Experience successfully selling new enterprise, infrastructure solutions & increasing revenue through new customer acquisition through prospecting, qualifying, & developing sales pipeline
- Experience selling complex technologies & into CXOs at Fortune 500 companies & understand how to grow a greenfield territory
- Experience formulating, executing, & delivering sales strategy within an assigned territory
- A strong ability to connect with customers by actively listening to determine their needs
- Expert Sales Methodology training (e.g., MEDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Track record of overachievement & hitting sales targets
- Expert time management & resource skills
- 8-10+ years of field quota-carrying, solution-selling experience
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- You can travel within your assigned territory
Reporting to Justin Moayed, RVP of Sales at Cockroach Labs
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.