The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work with our Ads product team. You will partner closely with cross functional team members such as Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, etc. in utilizing data to drive product decision & strategy. In addition to strong analytical skills, you will have an interest in data warehousing, data quality, & building/maintaining ETLs.
How Youll Have Impact:
Advertising is Reddits primary business model & we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities that drive action. This large number of self-governed communities have highly-engaged users who are in an unduplicated mindset of consuming relevant information. This has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a massive & highly differentiated ads business.
We have spent the past few years building the foundations of a modern ad serving system, building features to help brand & performance advertisers find their audiences on Reddit & get high ROI on their ad spend. Were now ready to build differentiated products on top of those foundations, utilizing data to drive the product decisions for both short term & long term bets.
As a data scientist on the ads data team youll be a key player in ensuring we make the right product decisions based on data insights, play with the large data from one of the largest websites, & help define the culture & frameworks for future team members. Reddit sits in a unique place, where there are still a lot of low hanging fruit opportunities that will immediately impact millions of users & thousands of advertisers.
What Youll Learn:
- You will partner closely with our Ads Product & Engineering team, which is the core driver of revenue for the company. Youll play a key role in developing Ads product strategy & experiments. Youll play with petabytes of data full of user & advertiser interactions to develop a deeper understanding of Reddits ads ecosystem.
- In addition, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, & Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making & product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, & causal inference.
What Youll Do:
- Analyze conversations & behaviors across Reddit's 10,000 interest-based communities, & convert them into insights & product recommendations.
- Understand Reddit advertising & help the company improve Ads Revenue while simultaneously improving ROAS (Return on Ads Spend) for advertisers.
- Conduct product/feature analyses, opportunity sizing, experimentation (A/B testing) & build dashboards/visualizations to assess product health.
- Organize data by designing table schemas, data pipelines, aggregations, alerts & general data infrastructure for the Ads Organization.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional stakeholders, including Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, UX Researchers, Data Engineers & Data Warehouse Engineers to lead projects related to organizing & analyzing data.
- Be an integral part of the Data Org, leveraging & contributing to the vibrant knowledge base, shared across a community of world-class data experts.
Who You Might Be:
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Demonstrated ability to influence & guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems & solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Desire to mentor other data scientists & share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Strong ability to communicate & discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) & statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Proficiency with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker)
- Experience in online advertising